Snorkel a '08 Rubicon

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for info for parts and installation tips to help me snorkel my Rubi. Thx

Last edited:

phanatic

Reaction score
Hi there fhe
I was just wondering how much of a performance improvement you noticed with all the mods you did to your rubi. I have the exact same quad, except all I have is a 2" lift, 26" mudbugs, and a K&N filter.

Is the other stuff worth getting?
I was thinking of going with a mudbuster cam, jet kit and HMF utility pipe.

Oh, and I wanted to snorkel it too. I know submarine snorkel sells a kit for around $200.

https://www.linkpointcart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?cartidnum=64.178.131.73T1278560503R2696E

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there fhe
I was just wondering how much of a performance improvement you noticed with all the mods you did to your rubi. I have the exact same quad, except all I have is a 2" lift, 26" mudbugs, and a K&N filter.

Is the other stuff worth getting?
I was thinking of going with a mudbuster cam, jet kit and HMF utility pipe.

Oh, and I wanted to snorkel it too. I know submarine snorkel sells a kit for around $200.

https://www.linkpointcart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?cartidnum=64.178.131.73T1278560503R2696E

I found it a lot snappier. Thought about the cam and am still thinking. Says it will give you 'bout 5 HP more which would make a big difference. Some say don't open the motor(install cam) as they're never the same after. Thinking that's opinions only as I can't find any facts backing that.

JDen

Reaction score
I would watch on Ebay. I got my complete snorkel setup for my 06 rubicon to my door for under 50 bucks. Would be very easy to just build out of sewer pipe and rubber hose. If I can find it in my ebay history I will post where it came from.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for info for parts and installation tips to help me snorkel my Rubi. Thx

I just used HEAVY DUTY hose. It's easier to route that plastic pipe and easy to remove and replace if need be. I've got a brute force so it will be a little different. Try to find a place to bring it through so that you don't have to cut your plastic. Another piece of advice if your doing a snorkel kit do a rad relocation to. Those Honda rads are bitches to clean inside the frame.

Top Bottom