Snobunjie

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these work great! in this pic the sled was traight up and down so we pulled with the sled to sled one and went ahead about 4' and stoped gave the stuck sled a shot and it popped right out. it may be hard to picture.

Attachments

• 2009 ValemountTrip 017.jpg
    2009 ValemountTrip 017.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 42

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the feedback:beer: looks like I will have go buy one before the next trip out.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought mine directly from the distributer in Red Deer and it arrived with a couple of days after I placed the order. Great tool to have along, I have used it many a time!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

willhickey

Reaction score
When you are in powder there is nothing better. We rode Golden over Christmas with a newbe mountian sledder. It came in so handy as he was getting used to powder riding. I have the handle one. If I really need a pull I hook a tow rope around the part where the handle meets the bungie (just beneith the handle) It works great there. I know it is not made to do that however I have done it around 15 times and nothing happened. I even broke a towrope and still the bungie was not hurt (True test of how strong these things are). I just don't want to lug around the two hook kind. I figure that i have used it about 75 times to get out so it does not owe me a thing. I have gotten well worth my money if it breaks. For the fifty bucks I think I paid for it, it is a no brainer. I store it around my handle bar riser and it never moves.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the sled to sled version. Get the adaptor strap too. Makes hooking up on both ends much easier. I gave my rattler to my brother.
I'm lazy and wanted the sled to do all the work :)

It takes some practice though. The first time I used it, my brother wasn't expecting such a hard pull (I was hard on the throttle) and I yanked the sled out from under him. oops.

I either hook mine around the tunnel bag and right to the floor boards or put it in the tunnel bag. If it isn't super easy to get at, I won't use it. The snowbunje bag expands and its huge. I can easily fit everything I need in there.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two rattlers (the one with the handle) they fit perfectly in the shovel slot of a skidoo backpack with the shovel in it. Every time i pull mine out and people go oh thouse things don't work .... untill it pulls their sled ontop of them with no effort haha. I suprise every rider i use this on (just passing by and seeing they need help) very very good investment. Haven't tried the sled to sled one, you can even get a pully system for that 1 and get youself unstuck if your riding alone (only if theres a tree around for the pulley though) seen a video of it at the Calgary sled show earlier this year. The sled shop beside Zalas in Revelstoke sells them (i forget the name) and im sure you can get them online easy enough.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you use the sled to sled one the same way as the one with the handle ?
Don't want to buy the two of them and hoping to do both with the bigger one.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be insainly hard to pull on the long one with the hooks with your hands, pretty much impossible actually. I supposed u could make a handle for it or buy a handle for a weight lifting machine or something and pack it with you. You need alot of room to use the sled to sled one not to mention it's alot to pack, if you don't have a tunnel bag or find some way to wrap it around the rear bumper it's not so good. The handle one is small enough to carry without too much trouble and it works pretty much anywhere. The videos iv seen where it's being used the most if pulling guys out of ditches or sunk down on the flats. Youd probably be able to use the handle on in alot more places, i couldn't see packing the big one and the small one myself.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one from Kevin in Red Deer off his website..
Looking forward to getting it in the next few days !!:d

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own the one you pull with the handle. Works great...used a few times. I wrap it around the steering column because of limited space under the seat.

Bryan

Top Bottom