smoking

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have a '00 MM700...is it normal for it to smoke so much? i had a 96 summit before this machine and it didn't seem to smoke nearly as much. i'm wondering if it's the oil, the oil pump settings or if that's normal for a triple?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Did you just fire it up for the first time? Is the oil injection adjusted properly(sounds like its set too rich)? Is there fresh fuel in it? Whats the story????

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i just got it out of the shop after getting an atacc system installed and was just putting it in my garage. i'm wondering if it just needs a good ride to get the bugs worked out?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just got it out of the shop after getting an atacc system installed and was just putting it in my garage. I'm wondering if it just needs a good ride to get the bugs worked out?

i suspect you're right there... Also, the atacc, may need jetted properly? But i suspect if the atacc was properly installed, then it needs a good little run somewhere. New fuel, and possibly check the oil injection adjustment(cables can stretch, and get out of adjustment). Did you call the shop that installed the atacc, just to be sure??

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
no...i haven't had a chance to call them yet, but will be stopping in there tomorrow to pick up my tunnel extension anyways. i'll see what they suggest. thanks for the help!

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i talked to the shop that installed my atacc system and apparently yamaha triples are prone to having a little extra oil build up in the crank case. so...seeing as my top end was just done and it hasn't had a break in yet that is most likely the cause of the smoky exhaust issue.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i talked to the shop that installed my atacc system and apparently yamaha triples are prone to having a little extra oil build up in the crank case. So...seeing as my top end was just done and it hasn't had a break in yet that is most likely the cause of the smoky exhaust issue.

give it a good run, grinny......... Should take care of your troubles. Be sure to check the plugs a few times, to be certain!

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
okay...so i finally got out friday night for the first time. everything ran well...seemed to have lots of power. the excessive exhaust problem seemed to stop, but then as we were putting the sleds up on the trailer she started to smoke again. i figured it was because i shut it off for a few minutes to get the trailer ready. it was dark out and i didn't feel that i needed to look under the hood, so we tied down and headed home. then yesterday i was about to head out to do some shopping and noticed a pool of oil under the exhaust side of my sled. i lifted the hood to find oil sprayed all over the place and my reservoir tank almost empty. i haven't had time to dig deeper yet, but i'm thinking i either blew a hose or my oil pump is toast. now...if it is my oil pump is it possible to remove it all together and run premix in it?

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay...after digging a little deeper and pulling my plugs/exhaust I noticed that the oil was actually coming from my exhaust at the joints (weak springs). I then noticed that the control cable to my oil pump was stuck wide open. I gave it a wiggle and it went back to normal. As it turns out it was just stuck on the edge of my air box and was probably just overlooked after I had my ATACC system installed. Long story short...CRISIS AVERTED!!!:d:d:d

Top Bottom