Smokey this weekend

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3of us went up , put in Smokey flats, went up past the Cutbank mouth, past Kakwa mouth and stayed just on the top side of Smokey chutes. Fun trip , high water, I screwed up in the chutes and completely soaked the princess and I, filled the boat half full. No damage or issues but easy to see why so many boats get in trouble or sunk in those chutes, big rollers. Pics with tops down is coming back at Cutbank mouth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 177

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i am stuck at work I always find myself looking here on a Monday wondering if I will every make my way to this area envious of the weekend Lenny has had.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows the boat work without the plastic

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows the boat work without the plastic

Can feel some difference but having the bottom straight again and feeding properly probably makes more of a difference. They put the graphite coating on the whole bottom and holy crap is it slippery, it won't even hold on dirt or sand when beaching. But I'm confident I can wear it off soon, lol. Having a real noise issue with the Hamilton , way to much noise transferred up to driver and passenger area. Put the 3.4 in first, max Rpms 4900, took it back apart to check , put in a new wear ring and put the 4 kW back in , way lower rpm at greater cruise speed, max Rpms 4600 ish. Still to much noise tho, gonna have it looked at again tomorrow and see if problem shows up. They also put some new strakes on, not convinced I need them yet, but I'll leave them on for a while. You can definitely hear the water more on the hull but that's not it, there's something going on with the pump .
Pretty clean inside though after screwing up in the chutes, clean as a whistle after putting that much water through. Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom