Smoked Tail Lights

GRD

Reaction score
Post some pictures of your work please!

:nopics:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told me it will be around $130 for the tail lights and the third brake light. It is a film that they are going to use.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are they spraying a film on them, or applying a film like they would to tine them, and that is too much to pay for that!!!!

i have to go out of town for some business, i'll post pics of mine, a can of the stuff is cheap and its easy to do , don't pay someone that amount of money to do them.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Dont mind the JUST MARRIED sign....No, it wasnt for me, they used my truck for the wedding......so, this is a stock FX-4 i do believe on the left and mine on the right with the married sign. I did the tail lights and the third brake light. Will try to load up some more pictures once i figure out where i put them

Attachments

• n725910327_3975734_8360.jpg
    n725910327_3975734_8360.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 50

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a specific reason that you chose not to tint over the reverse light portion of the tail light. Is it just personal preference, or is it legal reason? But they look good! A little dark for my liking but nice.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Is there a specific reason that you chose not to tint over the reverse light portion of the tail light. Is it just personal preference, or is it legal reason? But they look good! A little dark for my liking but nice.

Personally like to see what i am backing into.....thinking about doing a LIGHT coat over it to blend it in a bit, not too sure....and ya, I like the way they look, but as for function, a little bit too dark, but, LIVE AND LEARN i guess.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here are the before and after shots of my truck. They were done at Ziebart on the south side, came out a little darker than I wanted but they still came out great. It is the same 3m material (film) that is used as a protective over headlights. The brake light and signal light are visable during the day, and at night you can't even tell they have been darkend. But let me know what you think.

Attachments

• P8080017.jpg
    P8080017.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 41
  • P8080018.jpg
    P8080018.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 40
  • P8220035.jpg
    P8220035.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P8220036.jpg
    P8220036.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 51

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here are the before and after shots of my truck. They were done at Ziebart on the south side, came out a little darker than I wanted but they still came out great. It is the same 3m material (film) that is used as a protective over headlights. The brake light and signal light are visable during the day, and at night you can't even tell they have been darkend. But let me know what you think.

Looks sweet. I am not sure it would be the same if the truck wasn't black though. But still, on your application it looks good.

GRD

Reaction score

Looks good dude!

Reaction score
Looks good, i have the black plastic that stick on to the taillights and got pulled over for them the other day. You can faintly see them during the day time and see clearly at nite. Cop said $115 ticket. Just for your information

Top Bottom