Smaller tires and rim set up for fitting in enclosed trailers

RINGER

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has a set of smaller tires and steal rims that they use to put on to fit sxs in there enclosed trailers , what worked for them and where they got them any ideas would be great

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you plan to change them out every time you show up in the morning? Time to buy another trailer.....

RINGER

Reaction score
So you plan to change them out every time you show up in the morning? Time to buy another trailer.....
The few times that I would take that trailer for a weekend I would yup I have other open trailers as well was just a question if anyone had a set up thanks for your help …….

Jobu

Reaction score
I've seen guys on other forums go get a bunch of spare tires/donuts from junk yards or pick and pull and then drill in their own wheel stud holes. Good enough to get in and out of a trailer.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some folks in the jet boat racing community had installed smaller tires and wheels on the boat trailers so they could transport them in an enclosed trailer to different events. The roll cages on the boats with the larger tires would not allow them to fit inside the race trailers.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was Showtime off the site, that at one point to get his two machines into his toy hauler hand custom cut a wooden wheel for his honda atv.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever considered ratchet strapping the suspension into compression?
7"+ of compression is a lot of compression to leave it for hours at a time. Plus, depending on the machine, you are past the 1st stage/tender portion and into the main spring, or heck, the older cheaper ones only have 10 inches.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
7"+ of compression is a lot of compression to leave it for hours at a time. Plus, depending on the machine, you are past the 1st stage/tender portion and into the main spring, or heck, the older cheaper ones only have 10 inches.
Might just need it compressed to get in the door. A lot of trailers are lowest at the door frame.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flatten the tires and winch up on temp skis . Would save a lot of time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Lower the air pressures might be enough to get that last part of the roof in?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might just need it compressed to get in the door. A lot of trailers are lowest at the door frame.
My bad, I reread and just the last 6" of the roof are hitting. I initially read that he needs 6" to get it in. I got lucky as mine is technically too high for the door too, but the angle of the ramp drops the rear enough to let me squeeze in, lots of room once inside.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could possibly get some 13 inch donut spares from a wrecker and drill to fit. I know they fit some quads

FanaticalKilla

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.hopperdesignz.com/product-page/hd-universal-utv-trailer-loading-wheel

There are a few different companies that make similar designs, I think they're popular with the dune guys running the wider machines. Seem expensive to me but I guess with all the bolt patterns they could be used on different machines and shared between a group if they all needed them
Why you wouldn't buy a 14 inch rim and put a small car tire on it vs 170 usd for one of these!

Top Bottom