slp y pipe

gartho

Reaction score
looking for some ideas,bought slp kit,not sure if i like the bolt package (allen key style) looks like the flange on stock bolts is way to big??? any ideas. okok 011 m8 :confused:

gartho

Reaction score
poop im a tard it is slp y pipe, pipe & can its the slp bolts for the y pipe i dont like 2011 m8 what r other bolt options

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're a b!tch to get in on the bottom. I wasn't a fan either but seems like they're kind of the only thing that'll work. The weld on the Y-pipe is too close to the hole in the flange. I have my SLP pipe coupled with a BDX airbox. Got my map from Echo cycle and it flat out HAULS. This is on a 2010. Good luck.

gartho

Reaction score
arter a few :beer::beer: / decided to leave factory studs in,bought metric bolts,ground a flat spots on washers to match with the flange welds,installed lock washers then new metric nuts,worked great,raised the nut just over the sides of the welds. Got mapping from echo also.Had it out once before track speed was 39-45 mph depending on snow,hope to be 45-48 mph or a little higher??????????????. :cool: thanx for the reply.what clutch set up r u running

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arter a few :beer::beer: / decided to leave factory studs in,bought metric bolts,ground a flat spots on washers to match with the flange welds,installed lock washers then new metric nuts,worked great,raised the nut just over the sides of the welds. Got mapping from echo also.Had it out once before track speed was 39-45 mph depending on snow,hope to be 45-48 mph or a little higher??????????????. :cool: thanx for the reply.what clutch set up r u running

Didn't have a good chance to look at track speed while in Blue over the weekend, but I'm pulling between 8000-8100 rpm on a fairly short pull. So I'm not going to tinker with it until I get a long pull to see where it's at. Right now I'm running Orange/White primary spring with the mtn weights it comes with factory (can't remember the number). Secondary is stock with a Shift Assist in it. I'm stoked on this setup. It works awesome. Later I might try to gain a little rpm with a different spring, as I would like to lower my engagement slightly anyway... It's a little jumpy in the deep snow which makes it trench a little much for my liking. Also running the geo/elvis mod which may be contributing. However, it transfers amazing.

Evil Revo

Reaction score
The SLP bolts are a piece of cake with the right tool. All you need is a 6 inch ball end style allen wrench. Add extension from your ratchet and its easy. Sounds like you got yours done though.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GEO/ELVIS update#2 (New setup specs) - SnoWest Forum

This mod is sort of a win/win. In my opinion, it works great, it's free, and if you don't like it.... It takes about 15 minutes to put it back to stock settings. If you search other threads by Elvis (the guy that posted this on SW), there's some settings updates and other nonsense. It's just something else to tinker with :d

gartho

Reaction score
I read it on sw,might be something to try later,still working on dailing this baby in,slp setup should help??? goin to Salmon arm fri till jan 2,time will tell,hopin track speed comes up a little with slp setup:rolleyes::d:d. Have a great christmas all:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom