SLP pipe and can

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Does anyone run the the SLP pipe and can combo? And does it make enough power difference for the cost?
Its on a 15 800 T3
thanks..

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one on my XP last year. It'll lose bottom end but makes a slight difference in mid and top. Quiet too. Little louder than stock. Biggest notice is throttle response improved. Mostly a weight savings though. If you clutch it right you won't notice any loss, you'll be a little lighter and a little more responsive.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youre probably farther ahead to go Jaws or TSS. Have heard of decent gains with the TSS setup and supposed to be a big gain with Jaws but not sure if its fully on the market yet. Anyone I have known of with SLP has taken it off because it loses power. Have never ran thier stuff first hand though.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The guys running the sled shed THING with cooker are happy with them...
Also makes some good grub on the hill and cooks very fast.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws isn't quite out to the public yet. Still tweaking and fine tuning the mapping. Fell behind with do many other pips and cans this year. Soon be available though. Heard mixed about TSS. Oler gave it a good review though.

Islanddoo

Reaction score
I am running the SLP set up on my 15 T3 174 fit and finish where excellent! Sled is very responsive from idle all the way up to WOT. Needs to be clutched properly and run at 8100 to 8200 RPM but holds RPM very well. Comparing it to another stock 174 the belt is running about 1/2" higher in the primary and is seeing a couple more MPH than the stocker overall good product my opinon

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got one in our group... It is stronger than stock. Bigger midrange gains as long as you clutch/gear for it. Worth the money... Well to me yes, -16lbs and a couple extra points.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I figured if I was spending the money on a can anyways i might as well put a pipe on as well.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to hi-jack, but I hit a good sized tree last trip and I need a bumper and pipe. Currently running the specialty can and im looking for an aftermarket mid and y pipe.TSS, SLP, BMP.Dynoport, all make nice looking systems but has anyone done any back to back testing? Specialty suggested to dynoport system, there are good reviews of the SLP on here too, just looking for some reviews

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youre probably farther ahead to go Jaws or TSS. Have heard of decent gains with the TSS setup and supposed to be a big gain with Jaws but not sure if its fully on the market yet. Anyone I have known of with SLP has taken it off because it loses power. Have never ran thier stuff first hand though.

Lol yah I know I took mine off my 09. After that slp was known to me as "Still looses power".
The etec reviews sound great but the operating Rpm sounds high. Same operating rpm as the old ptek. Would also like to know how much more pinweight is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol yah I know I took mine off my 09. After that slp was known to me as "Still looses power".
The etec reviews sound great but the operating Rpm sounds high. Same operating rpm as the old ptek. Would also like to know how much more pinweight is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About 1gr.

tss is about 1.5gr

Top Bottom