SLP High Flow Intake KIt

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a SLP high flow intake kit and a few other goodies for my sled. A friend of mine told me that they are no good, that they ice up when you stop.
Has anyone experienced this or know anything about the product good or bad ?:beer::D:beer:

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never had a problem with it freezing up but if your hose and such is still good i wouldnt put it on, its tricky to put on correctly and i found we had to put a piece of that foam that has a sticky side to it around where the clip would go. and we also took some of the packing foam it came with and placed it around the base as i didnt think sealed very well, i can post a picture up in the next couple days if you like, pm me if you want anymore info on it :)
also this was on the 2007 M8/ 2006 M7

Last edited:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is installed now, no problems. Not sure what hose your talking about? And it came with a rubber/foam gasket for under the base. Not much to it just twice the size of the stock air intake horn.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that accordian style hose on the front of the cats intake is what i was talking about :p it worked well i just probably wouldnt do it again. ours didnt come with the foam or anything we made it ourselves also watch when closing the hood to make sure it fits properly we found somtimes it catches the intake horn and crinkles the foam over.
other than that it worked very well :)

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one on my XP. Did exactly what i wanted it to do. You can actually see it suck down a bit as its pulling air in when you rev the throttle. Was an easy install and seems like decent quality.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of sled are you putting it on? Helps to know this if your asking for info.
2010 800 Dragon but I wasn't asking for installation instructions. Just simply how they worked. I can't see them being chitty on one sled and slammin on another.:beer::d

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 800 Dragon but I wasn't asking for installation instructions. Just simply how they worked. I can't see them being chitty on one sled and slammin on another.:beer::d

They will be totally different products for each application, JMO but I think that they are a waste of money on the Dragons. You can just remove the stock air horn and re-install the foam ring with some 2 sided tape and save your self the cost. Been running mine like this for 3 years now, I do agree with Timbo about making sure that your air box is all sealed up though. My 08 had lots of leaks around the edges, might also want to cover the headlight adjuster as it is open right in to the air box.

Last edited:

wipe out

Reaction score
My 2009 m8 had one and never a problem from new... I had the full slp pipe kit on it to and never put a control box on (witch was recommended) and I jest sold the sledd with 2700 miles one never had a problem. Now planning on putting one on my 2012 pro

Top Bottom