Slight footwell tunnel bend

XanderKane

Reaction score
Buddy of mine discovered a slight bulge on the clutch side footwell. I'm trying to help him out with this and did a bunch of searching but didn't find a specific fix method. Is it a simple as taping the brace back as much as possible and installing a fix plate? Tunnel isn't really bent on has a very minimal hairline dent, it appears only the brace bent after a flat rivet head popped off. Any help would be great. image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Looks like warpage after the rivet broke... Tap it straight as possible and add few more hd rivets, might put an extra plate over it and rivet too? Don't think i'd be too concerned..

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire n Ice makes reinforcement/repair plates for this. It is quite a common issue that is generally cause by a sudden impact/stoppage to a ski or a-arm. Chrisco at parkland motorsports may have these in stock

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be even more work if you don't reinforce it now when it cracks and the whole tunnel needs to be replaced

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
of course their website is down at the moment but Fastrax makes a good one that's easy to install.

"Polaris ProTector DIY install" on youtube shows everything

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you straightened it out a bit you could put this one on. As long as it's close enough that the rivets pull both sides tight together it should be fine

XanderKane

Reaction score
I think if you straightened it out a bit you could put this one on. As long as it's close enough that the rivets pull both sides tight together it should be fine

thanks for the advice I will be in touch with them. Do you happen to know if anyone stocks them except fastrax?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elk Island Sales stocks the Kurt's stiffners last time I was there.

Top Bottom