Sledhead Chat Thread

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got yer rock skis on holio?

Axshully ...the last track in there was from my Teryx4, so was about 4-6in of fine sugary Alberta crap snow and most of the trail is in the shade. Didn’t really touch down through much at all. Will need to install my new scratchers for the next check though.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Our snow is decent but as always it could be deeper. The hazards are starting to feel minimal and as long as we are not in a burnt area we are pretty good. It sure helps to be on the lee side of a big, long ridge though.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8589ce62a1b3896152b842b98615023c.jpg
dbdd671e66edf0b2612c778c4e53c433.jpg

Drank a few beers and put some miles on the high hp sleds with the old boys.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year ya goons.
Doug added me on Instagram today, that's about as close to a "celebrity encounter" as I've ever been so it was a hell of a way to end 2018.

WIz5eDQ.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Happy New Year ya goons.
Doug added me on Instagram today, that's about as close to a "celebrity encounter" as I've ever been so it was a hell of a way to end 2018.

View attachment 214652

Hey man, I don't know about the "celebrity" BS but it was nice to find you. Happy riding and may we meet in a staging area once again!!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my XM has some significantly sagged rear suspension after this past weekend...and as much as a like lowered vehicles I don't like lowered sleds.

I was thinking I must have blown my rear skid shock as a neighbor from back home had the same issue last year but talking to the parts dept. at turple bros they suggested I look at my torsion springs first?

I'm 225lbs w/o gear and although I'm not the lightest guy I'd like to think the sled can handle my weight.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my XM has some significantly sagged rear suspension after this past weekend...and as much as a like lowered vehicles I don't like lowered sleds.

I was thinking I must have blown my rear skid shock as a neighbor from back home had the same issue last year but talking to the parts dept. at turple bros they suggested I look at my torsion springs first?

I'm 225lbs w/o gear and although I'm not the lightest guy I'd like to think the sled can handle my weight.

What are your rear coils set to? Maybe you need spacers

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the front skid shock set at and what are the torsion blocks set at?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#4 on the spring blocks
Can't recall where I had my front shock, I'll have to check and get back to you.

If it is the springs and I upgrade to the fat-boys, think I'll notice a big difference as far as trenching goes? I had them on my REV but I put them on as soon as I bought it so I didn't really know the difference.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#4 on the spring blocks
Can't recall where I had my front shock, I'll have to check and get back to you.

If it is the springs and I upgrade to the fat-boys, think I'll notice a big difference as far as trenching goes? I had them on my REV but I put them on as soon as I bought it so I didn't really know the difference.
I would probably go to spring spacers instead of fat boy springs.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would probably go to spring spacers instead of fat boy springs.

Gotcha. Any northern dealers? I wonder if Rob makes these.

Now, it seems odd both springs would just sag out simultaneously. I realize a shock doesn't "lift" my sled but if my springs are toast maybe the shock is too now. Obviously I'd have to replace my springs before I installed spacers as the damage has been done?

Top Bottom