Sledding to Waskateneau - Saturday Jan 18th

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
Myself and a couple of other guys are planning to leave the Bruderheim area on Saturday, Jan 18th and want to hit Waskateneau. The distance isn't a problem as we've made the trip lots in the past.

Couple questions;
1 What are the field conditions like between Bruderheim and the bridge near Waskatenau?

2) How safe is the ice at the Waskatenau bridge? Have the recent winds and warm weather affected it?

Appreciate any info....

Last minute, I know.

Thanks !

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually ride around the waskatenau area however I have not ridden around the river flat area since just after Christmas. At that time I have not seen any tracks that went across the river. Sometimes people cross at around rr180 and Victoria trail I believe. If it was me personally I wouldn't be crossing the ice as the weather has been all over the map lately.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up at family's near there, snow was good until Wednesday when the wind and warm temps ruined some of the best snow in years. Not sure about river as we stayed both of it for 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And as for field conditions I would have to say on the thinner side compared to most years, however better north of 28 and of course awesome down in the sheltered areas.

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
thanks...

It's kind of what I expected.....and I agree that we should watch the ice....with the heavy winds it probably stirred it up a lot.

I was out by Fort Sask today and the fields look like they won't last much longer...if the warm weather sticks around, we could be seeing patches in the next week or so.

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
Anyone else online right now that can offer any feedback.

Looks like a lot of mountain guys on here....any trail guys from the Edmonton area??

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else online right now that can offer any feedback.

Looks like a lot of mountain guys on here....any trail guys from the Edmonton area??

Bunch of us heading from redwater/thorhild area to wask, cross river (goin south) to the cabin there this afternoon. Fields were really nice but havent been out since warm weather. Sum of the guys have been crossn river daily so assuming its still ok.

Top Bottom