sledding keeps me going!!!

drbob

Reaction score
Hey great to be logging in to this site!! Well , I am a polaris rider and had my problems with my 08 dragon, blew it up a couple of times. I ride a 09 with the 10 updates, new reflash, run a slp pipe and can. I also put pyros on and a boondocker box. The dragons run lean at aprox 6700 rpm and thats why they burn down, no problem at wot. In fact its important to wap the throttle wide open at times or back away from that rpm. The problem has been that to get the 800 cleanfire to comply to epa standards polaris had to run lean in that rpm range, which has cause all this problem. My fix for my 09 ,I put pyros on, that way I can watch my exhaust temp and have not had eny burn down problems. At wot I can only get 1115 degrees which is quite cold, and definitely not in eny burn down temp, it takes around 1300 degrees to melt the pistons. My dragon 163 runs good. I am in the process to lean it out more at the top end, want my temp gas to be around the 1200 degrees, I added fuel at the midrange , and pulled fuel off the top end with my boondocker. Make sure the exhaust valves are clean, aprox every 1-200 miles and use good oil, I use either amsoil or VES gold from polaris. So keep riding and watch the aves, not good in the mountains at present. Dragon rider out!

Top Bottom