Sledding gear... Arrgghhh!!!

duarthe

Reaction score
So, I refuse to sled in ski gear again this year, but holy crap!! Is it ever difficult trying to figure out what to buy. Klim, Slednecks, Arctiva, Motorfist, FXR...

I'd love to hear some opinions on what's worked or not worked for others. Pants, jackets and boots particularly but would love to hear about other gear too.

I was liking the slednecks defender pants, but found a review that says the seams come apart.
I've heard that Klim pants get wet easy.
Someone else swears by Motorfist, but his jacket zipper malfunctions all the time.

I know everyone has a preference but I'm hoping I'll see a common issue pop up with a particular brand over another. Something that will help ease the aggravation for me.

Thanks in advance,

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I refuse to sled in ski gear again this year, but holy crap!! Is it ever difficult trying to figure out what to buy. Klim, Slednecks, Arctiva, Motorfist, FXR...

I'd love to hear some opinions on what's worked or not worked for others. Pants, jackets and boots particularly but would love to hear about other gear too.

I was liking the slednecks defender pants, but found a review that says the seams come apart.
Someone else swears by Motorfist, but his jacket zipper malfunctions all the time.

I know everyone has a preference but I'm hoping I'll see a common issue pop up with a particular brand over another. Something that will help ease the aggravation for me.

Thanks in advance,
my advice is get to the snowshow and try on all of them, then make your pick as they all fit different :) good luck!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,

X2.......im in the process of looking at sledding gear as well since im goin to the mtns for my first time this year. Im new to the sledding side so i dont know much about different kinds of gear but most everyone around me wears klim. Im sure there is other good gear out there and then other not so good. This stuff is expensive so i only want to do it once. When we would ride atv in the winter we just throw on t-shirt sweatshirt and carharts. But i know thats not gonna work in ths mountains so any advice is appreciated.

Sent while not working too hard

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear motorfist gear and love it. I'm finally dry at the end of the day. Haven't had any issues with it and the motorfist people are great to deal with. Buddy I ride with has all klim and no complaints from him either

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding slednecks gear for the last 3 seasons and I've ridden in -35 and never gotten cold and I've never torn a pair and I'm always getting hit with tree branches. I had the bandit jacket and defender pants but I'm getting the new burandts sig gear. I would recommend it but all the top brands make good gear so it's just personal preference

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have klim and really like it. But as was stated any of the top brands are good just a matter of preference.

saskcat

Reaction score
I went to the sled show tried on all of them. Went with last years stock at 40% off. Motorfist fit right for me. with Klim boots and gloves.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread that i started called boots and it has a range of comments and I WILL be buying motorfist boots and gloves this year. give it a read and it might help

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim or motorfist if you dont want to be soaked. if you want to be warm you add layers. wore north face stuff last year and if was suppose to be breathable and some what water resistant and i had a soaked suit after a few hours from sweat and the melting snow landing on me. I have a full motorfist suit this year, cant wait.

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
I wear motorfist gear and love it. I'm finally dry at the end of the day. Haven't had any issues with it and the motorfist people are great to deal with. Buddy I ride with has all klim and no complaints from him either
Same here...I wear klim and my buddy wears mf...not an issue with either !

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode with ski gear for years, now last year i rode all with klim except my jacket.... this year i will be full klim as it is the best upgrade i have done. Its a mistake to ride without proper gear for the sport.

note: i have really good quality ski gear and it just doesnt cut it.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MotorFist or Klim their both good gear that said I got buds that wear TOBE and love it.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny no one is promoting there rides oem gear. Pay attention manufacturers...

Yeah I would ride the ski doo stuff but its so freaking expensive, and there is no guarantee that it will keep me dry. Now I ride KLIM but Motofist has really caught my eye. That and the new Ski Doo carbon fiber helmet with the white highlights really caught my eye, but $600 holy crap....

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my Arctiva gear. Keeps me warm down to -20 after that a couple extra layers does the trick. Good bang for your buck.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would ride the ski doo stuff but its so freaking expensive, and there is no guarantee that it will keep me dry. Now I ride KLIM but Motofist has really caught my eye. That and the new Ski Doo carbon fiber helmet with the white highlights really caught my eye, but $600 holy crap....

Motofist has a great CF helmet and very well priced.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny no one is promoting there rides oem gear. Pay attention manufacturers...

I had a new skidoo jacket and pants..... lasted one and a half seasons before i got wet. But i did get a screaming deal on it .....like that makes a difference now

Top Bottom