Sledding equipment bag

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using for a bag? I feel like a dumbtard for carrying my stuff in/out of hotels in Costco bags, lol. I had an old hockey bag but it got ripped so I threw it out.

Looking for a new one now.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ogio large gear bag. They aren't cheap, but come with a life time warranty and are built tough, should last a life time. Fits all my gear nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 565

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ogio large gear bag. They aren't cheap, but come with a life time warranty and are built tough, should last a life time. Fits all my gear nicely.

Those bags are the only way to go. I usually find them slightly used on Kijiji for $150 I now have 3 of them. One for sledding gear one for biking and...... well I guess I need to find another hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim makes a really nice one with wheels etc., but pretty pricey at $319 (even at the Edmonton Sled Show).

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to me i use a hockey bag that had wheels but are now removed. to me it depends on how you travel,lots of people like the bags with wheels but i removed mine.when we had a consinsent group and were always using the enclosed trailer wheels on the bag was ok to use,but for the last couple years one of our riding partners does not show up to often so we use the sled deck with 2 sleds,so we put the gear in the cab on the back seat,me myself will not wheel my bag through a dirty parking lot and then put the bag on the seat of the truck.so i removed the framing for the wheels and handle,which is surprising how much weight that added to the bag. when hauling from truck to hotel bag over shoulder with all riding gear,another smaller bag with overnight stuff in hand and dont miss not having the wheels.so to me it also depends on how you travel and where your bag will be for travel

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
I use to use a hockey bag, until I saw this Fly Racing bag at a bike store.
image.jpeg
The bottom is all plastic, so it is water proof (can be in water) and the top is fairly water resistant.
plus there is tons of storage, lot of pockets, decent adjustable dividers for boots, helmet, etc.
don't recall the exact price, but it wasn't too bad.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have learned not to cheap out on equipment (cheap man pays twice) but in this case Canadian Tire hockey bag it is. Has spots on either end for wet boots and the center stays dry. Set up perfectly for sled gear. It has wheels as well, nice and easy to move around.

Similar to this one but I paid like $60.00 bucks.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I use a hd goalie hockey bag from Canadian tire.... It was $119 on sale from $179 last year. Reinforced rails, waterproof bottom, larger wheels. Separate compartments for boots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you decide to go with the Ogio bags, shop around. Paid $200.00 from Canada's motorcycle a few years ago. If you buy the same bag stamped with Motorfist, Ski-doo, etc., I've seen them for as high as $360.00 Never understood paying extra to advertise for others.

The rolling hockey bags from Costco are great (and huge).

Last edited:
Top Bottom