Sledding Code of Ethics

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if we could compile a sledding Code of Ethics. You know like never leave a man in the bush. Simple rules and tips for encouraging courtesy and responsibility on the hills. Came accross a few young bucks who may not have "sled sense". Reminded me of Sled Ed.
Thanks

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#1 is pack out what you pack in. I hate to see garbage lying around left behind by idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-from grade 2: Never hesitate to help those in need.
-Wave to fellow sledders to say "yo, what is up homeslice".
-Always take pictures of your stuck buddies, for blackmail and/or future reference.
-Don't #@$^%$^ steal other people's stuff, ever. :nono:

W

woodies

1 sled on the big hills at a time!
allways check on the guy behind you on the trail!

ukrainiansnowplumber

Reaction score
Sure woulkd be a good idea but that's like taxing stupid people. "Stupid is a Stupid does.." like trying to change spots on a leopard!!!!!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about if you have to fix your sled on the trail, move the dam thing over to the side. I almost hit someone coming down from renshaw because someone decide to knock the ice off his running boards. yes I slowed down but there was barely enough room to get pass him and the other two sleds across the trail.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't really ethics, but something I try to do is pack extra food. We went out with the nicest guys yesterday. There were a few sleds down and out, so we were a lot longer than expected. I roasted up some chicken in the morning for our day. The extra warehouse pack came in handy for all the guys. Could be the Ukrainian mom in me, I love feeding people. I can't offer much as far as muscle, or mechanics, but If I can help in the food department I'm happy.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound like the first rule should be, Follow Sleddingmom around for roast chicken.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't really ethics, but something I try to do is pack extra food. We went out with the nicest guys yesterday. There were a few sleds down and out, so we were a lot longer than expected. I roasted up some chicken in the morning for our day. The extra warehouse pack came in handy for all the guys. Could be the Ukrainian mom in me, I love feeding people. I can't offer much as far as muscle, or mechanics, but If I can help in the food department I'm happy.

dobre vecher babba. devi meni perohe proshoo. dyakayoo

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you Spank the guy on the Doo or the Polaris always be gracious and never boast. Always remember the playing field is never even. Compliment them on their valiant effort and remember to be conscious of the fact that they are riding inferior products. Remember to take into consideration that they have spent their hard earned dollars to purchase and modify their machines only to disscover that they have made a big misstake. Practice compassion on the less fortunate. Smile and be the bigger man.

:d:d:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you Spank the guy on the Doo or the Polaris always be gracious and never boast. Always remember the playing field is never even. Compliment them on their valiant effort and remember to be conscious of the fact that they are riding inferior products. Remember to take into consideration that they have spent their hard earned dollars to purchase and modify their machines only to disscover that they have made a big misstake. Practice compassion on the less fortunate. Smile and be the bigger man.

That's funny! Ha!

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You must have been in that same spot along time while day dreaming at the bottom of the hill, watching your friends and others ride past you while you wait for your smokies to cook in your muff pot with your engine running. bla bla bla

willhickey

Reaction score
Remember we are always in the public eye. So be courtious when filling up, crossing roads and driving down the hi-ways.

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i agree. drive the best (ac) fix the rest

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Always remember the children are watching.....lead/teach by example
If your gonna ride the organized trails..buy a pass
It is never OK to cut a fence for access to "that field"
Always be prepard for someone to crest that hill while riding an uphill trail.
When your hauling your trailer on the highway @ 105km/h get the hell out of the left lane.....It's MINE.
When your buddy is drunk...don't let him ride (sled or fat chicks) if he insists knock him out (sled)....take pictures (fat chick)

Bogger:beer:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Always be prepaired to sacrifice your best day of riding for a fellow sledder. Even if its as minor as taking a buddy into the Hospital for broken bones, right Noel :p
I've had fellow sledders make that sacrifice for me in the past when my sled broke down WAY out there and it turned into a rescue mission on sleds instead of a Coptor Sling and I believe what comes around goes around.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how many times were you dropped as a baby
just a question

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Sledding Code of Ethics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always remember the children are watching.....lead/teach by example
If your gonna ride the organized trails..buy a pass

this was mentioned a few posts up i just wanted to add

in order to have a voice about our riding areas

no matter if you ride the trails or not you should be buying trail passes

there is too much talk about areas being closed off to sleds

Top Bottom