Sledding areas around Sun Peaks Resort?

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early February I'll be staying at Sun Peaks for almost a week with a friend and his young family. So my plan is to take the sled and spend it half riding and half boarding.

Question is, where is the closest and best riding areas around there? Intermediate rider who likes anything where deep snow is involved. Searched and couldn't come up with anything definitive, a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there this summer, saw a staging area across from the ski hill parking lot and up the road a ways. Was told by a local that you can ride right from there.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there this summer, saw a staging area across from the ski hill parking lot and up the road a ways. Was told by a local that you can ride right from there.

Faintly heard something of the sort but couldn't get a confirmation. And all I could find was info on their tours.
Would want to find some info on closures and where to ride. We get a bad enough rep from the guys who cross boundaries on purpose, would hate to be one accidentally.

T9000

Reaction score
I actually road there two years ago and It was phenomenal! It is just like NoBrakes posted just down the road from the ski resort. It is a bit misconceiving at first and seems like just a few trails but if you talk to someone who rides there and knows the area you can actually reach the peak on the backside of the ski area. and there are many many cut lines you can venture into and play in some awesome snow within the trees. Thats all we did when we road and it was only talking to some locals when we realized that there was a ton more riding area to be had. I found every where to be well marked boundary wise so just use your discretion and talk to some of the people at the resort when you go. Hope that helps

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the people I've spoke to from there so far sled, so they all keep saying "I think............" Lol.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Yes rode there a couple years in a row you just drive through the village all the way to the end like parking lot 6 stage there then there is lots signage from there snow can be awesome that time of year give briguy99 a shout on here he lives in scotch creek and would come up the back way and meet us he knows the area real good and is a great person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom