Sledders threatened with gun

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but the tint effects the health and safety of everyone on the road(the guy that has had 10 or more tint tickets in the last year).

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
farmer went overboard carrying the shotgun, a defender no less, used for only one thing....and it ain't hunting. he wouldn't have been kicking sleds and slapping helmets without one. looks to me like he swung the shotgun toward the sledder and thought twice about it, I hope he is charged accordingly.

I have 2 big dugouts on my land, they seem to be very attractive to sledders. when I hear guys out there, I jump on my sled and head out (WITHOUT a firearm) and have a friendly chat with them. I only ask if they have insurance, as I do not want to get sued by some clown that has a wreck on my property. not once has anyone ever given me attitude, nor do I approach them like a fawking psycho pissed off because someone is on my land regardless of the past deeds of people dumping trash or stealing my stuff.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After watching the CBC coverage of the incident the farmer doesn't look anymore within his right's
when asked how the incident started he said they rode past my property and stressed my animals.
He then pointed to a tree line that appeared to be half a mile away.
CBC also showed footage of the grid road the sledders were driving down when they turned off
through an open gate WITH NO SIGN"S ............. enough said IMO.
Did the farmer show the CBC crew how close the sledders drove past his lama's? NO
Did the farmer show the CBC crew the NO TRESPASSING sign's the sledders rode past? NO
I WONDER WHY THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION WOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT OF THE INTERVIEW?

"I took the gun to protect myself cause I'm not that young anymore" Ok. Bud.Take it into walmart
the next time you go to town then and we'll see how that turns out for ya.
Without a doubt in my mind the guy should be charged .

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know some farmers are installing thin wire between trees just the below level of average human head, if you are riding fast enough your head is off.
Personally I am on neither side, farmer must be really pissed of, it is his property.
Guys are disrespect-full. Had such thing happen in USA would he just shot them?
He also said some of snowmobilers in the past chased and run over his cat, what kind of person would run over cat on a sled?

Last edited:

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know some farmers are installing thin wire between trees just the below level of average human head, if you are riding fast enough your head is off.
Personally I am on neither side, farmer must be really pissed of, it is his property.
Guys are disrespect-full. Had such thing happen in USA would he just shot them?
He also said some of snowmobilers in the past chased and run over his cat, what kind of person would run over cat on a sled?
You 'know' of people that do this? And you post this like I am supposed to be impressed or feel better? Of all the stupid things I have read on this site, this is by far the stupidest!
I may have missed the intent of the message, which is easy to do on forum like this, but to me this is a dangerous and malicious act with the intent to kill someone or hurt them badly. This should not be posted on S&M unless you want to warn us of the location followed up a phone call to the cops and a visit to the location where you 'know' this going on!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the farmer take it to the extreme? Yes, but that's still what needs to be done to get the point across that people need to respect other peoples property. Crime or not, sign or not, its not their land so why should they be out there. Just because the gate is open or there is no sign doesn't give them the right to enter onto someone else's land. Would you steel a car just because the key were in it, or take food from the grocery story because they didn't have a sign saying no steeling? It really comes down to respecting other people. We have become such a socially stupid society that thinks we have an entitlement to do what ever the hell we please as long as there isn't a sign post saying otherwise. Im sure its not the first time he has had a run in with trespassers. Just because there isn't a sign saying so doesn't give you the right to enter on to someone else's land or property. I find it so funny reading other peoples posts in other threads about putting the fear of god into people for various reasons because the system continuously lets them down. Well that's exactly what the farmer did.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After watching the CBC coverage of the incident the farmer doesn't look anymore within his right's
when asked how the incident started he said they rode past my property and stressed my animals.
CBC also showed footage of the grid road the sledders were driving down when they turned off
Did the farmer show the CBC crew how close the sledders drove past his lama's? NO
Did the farmer show the CBC crew the NO TRESPASSING sign's the sledders rode past? NO
I WONDER WHY THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION WOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT OF THE INTERVIEW?

"I took the gun to protect myself cause I'm not that young anymore" Ok. Bud.Take it into walmart

Ready the Petty Trespass Act - Land does not have to be posted it is your responsibility to know where your azz is.
Posting just makes it easy to identify and yes if it is that big of a problem post it - but it does not have to be done, it's just to be clear.
Did the interview state this - ah no.
This is TV - kinda on par with the internet for facts - what sells shows.

Once again break down the time line of events - root cause is trespassing. On any investigation for corrective action if you have not clearly identified and addressed the root cause you have just waisted the opportunity to improve.
This will end up being a waste as the root cause will not be addressed.
Can't sensationalize the root cause on TV or interweb.
Certainly not on a sled based forum.

Last edited:

RobEG

Reaction score
The property is well fenced and marked with signs. If my cat was run over by a sled no snowmobile would ever make it from one end of my property to the other again, this guy had the common decency to let them walk away with a pat on the head and all these candy ass sledders do is call foul. What a pathetic display of childishness and entitlement by grown ass men. If you can't handle the "big scurry world" as it is then stay home and knit.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
I think the general concensus is that both were seriously in the wrong. There has to be more back story but either way the farmer took it to far. It doesnt matter how pissed off you are you can't take the law into your hands. The system is far from perfect and needs a major work over. The second the farmer started kicking the sled he is damaging personal property and can be charged.(same is said about sledders damaging crops if it can be proved) The second the farmer hit the guy he can get charged with assult. Adding a gun to the mix was a horrible idea and if he is charged it now becomes a weapons offence. It really wouldnt matter if it was a gun or bat or golf club its still a weapon. In this day and age people do not respect one another or other peoples property and its a joke but until marshall law comes into effect we are pretty much stuck following the law.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The property is well fenced and marked with signs. If my cat was run over by a sled no snowmobile would ever make it from one end of my property to the other again, this guy had the common decency to let them walk away with a pat on the head and all these candy ass sledders do is call foul. What a pathetic display of childishness and entitlement by grown ass men. If you can't handle the "big scurry world" as it is then stay home and knit.

Agree.
Property rights are very important. If people are permotted to run freely over land, whats to stop from other property, like homes, shops, vehicles, etc??
The gunner from the video CLEARLY had no intention of useimg his prop. And you could also tell the lack of respect by the sledders in how they approached an angered stranger with a firearm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems situations are happening far more often , whether by coincidence or by design, that the only choices available are either become a full on victim and suffer whatever fate some self centered, inconsiderate, spoiled a$$wipe decides you should endure, or, choose to avoid that option and deal with the problems that will develop when you take actions some may see as allegedly breaking the law. Some people are way to stupid to see the line in the sand without it being pointed out.
I know which one I'm picking.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful with the CBC thing, the place is edited by a number of liberal firearm hating no minds with one agenda and that is to try and be like the giant USA news sites and sensationalism sells advertising. Never have I seen a true unbias report from any reporter. NEVER!!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you listen on the video the sledder's voice when he says are you 'Effing kidding me?'Then he spots the gun and his tone changes a lot!The gun had the desired effect!Pretty sure if the old boy didn't have the shotgun the 'innocent lost sledders' wouldn't not have been so 'polite' and or even stopped for him!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This incident is typical of individual's that have NO respect of other's and is very typical in today's society, especially in North America.
Even on this forum you can see the lack of respect with member's in their comment's.
Though i feel for the old guy, he will be charged, he was in the wrong.

I was in court about 12yrs ago for being robbed, the individual was caught red handed on my property.
Here were some FACT's that came up that i did not know.
Trespassing is not an enforceble offence on ANY property unless the property has a 6ft fence around it, signage of private property or no trespassing at every 10-12ft along the fence line.
This means according to the law that anyone CAN walk across, drive across or ride across your property and you cannot legally stop them.
At the time all the lawyer could charge this individual was pocession of stolen property, even though i tried to have him charged with trespassing. He basically walk away with community service for one month.

Now on the property i allow anyone to come across as they please, all i ask is to make sure gates are closed and respect the property. I have signs on the property gates and a phone number. Plus a no hunting sign that bylaw must be complied with.

BTW here is a little side note to property owner's i also found out. Anyone could setup camp or move on your property(like park on it to live on) and you cannot legally remove them if they do not wish to go. You would require a court order to do so legally. Any other mean's could get you in trouble with the law if police and law got involved.
If you called the police, all they can do is asked them trespassers politely to leave but cannot make them with out a court order.

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, however come to my place unannounced with malicious intent and lets have this conversation. Key to this situation is knowing your intent and be prepared is what I say, and double tap to center of mass then call for EMS.

The point here is this, if I was found to be in the wrong and some crazy pissed off person was coming at me with a shotgun I'd pull out a set of stones and admit I was wrong and do what I could to diffuse the situation. Again first part is REMOVE THE HELMET then work from there. Farmer is still off side in the eyes of the law yes and morally by some of us yes and this forum will go on forever.

There are alot of tough talkers here that say they would shoot and kill someone for riding over some frozen dirt,you would really go to prison for the rest of your life for that?..I doubt it ..

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobiling isnt going to do any damage to anyones field unless they are ripping up the dirt. And then unless its seeded to a winter crop who cares. If it did do damage all my fields would be destroyed. Never had a problem and any farmer worrying about some sledders unless they are cutting fences should relax because im sure they or someone they know has ridden on nieghbours land without permission.

Top Bottom