Sledders threatened with gun

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
When I confront trespassers on my own land you can bet your ass that I'm coming out with my baddest looking gun in the locker. That being said, sledders don't bother me one bit. They hurt nothing. Just don't mess with my summer time grow op.
Ya right! You'd come out with the peace pipe.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I seen the sledders were good enough to stop and would probably like to have explained their error, but some hot head farmer took it too far. He should be charged. Has no one on here not made a mistake sledding/quading etc. They could have flipped him the bird and drove off but they stopped. These guys don't look like young kids out wrecking sh.t. You cannot threaten anyone with a firearm. Just holding the gun is a threat, you don't have to point it at anyone. In my opinion the farmer is lucky he never got the sh.t kicked out of him...I guantee he is going to get charged and he should....

something similar happened up here a number of years ago.....repeated trespass and land damage, quaders and bikes riding across seeded land, the land owner made repeated complaints to the RCMP, the land was fenced and posted, then one day he caught some guys, he had a firearm, and held the offenders until RCMP arrived....the offenders were charged...not the land owner....landowners must follow proper channels, and not go retarded

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think anyone is saying the sledders should have been there. they have broken a petty trespass law. they left when they figured that out. as drd says if land owner had gun over shoulder on sling, he would likely be ok. but he was swining it around, assalting the people involved and possibly causing damage. all over a petty trespass, that probably wasn't much. he was out of control and threating anyone with a firearm is a serious offence. crow bar time possibly.

Assault? Hardly. I never heard him actually "threaten" anyone saying he was going to shoot them, did you? LOL out of control? If he had shot one of them 15 times maybe....he's a little bit PO'd sure. the kids from Columbine were "out of control". Overreaction to trespassing and bad move on his part...obviously.

But way more to this story than these guys are letting on. Don't be so naive. Drove on one property and "discovered" it was private land, so the next road approach they drove right through somehow would be public? uhhhh...............yeah right.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whole lot wrong with this!
1) Sledders were trespassing and for all you city dwellers land DOES NOT NEED TO BE POSTED, it is the sledders responsibility to know where they are, PERIOD!
2) How much damage is done by sledders/hunters/quaders to crops, fences, private propety
3) Old guy pissed off - call the cops? LMFAO unless these guys are camped out they will be long gone before an RC shows on a tresspass complaint -get real
4) Sledders got a sh*t reputation because this is common and it is not only a few bad apples - that excuse is old and false - go to the mountains and watch the cabin dwellers at end of day, hell all day
5) Quadders are worse
6) The more people that see this the better - unfortunatly there are lots that do not realise that the sledders where the root cause of the problem
7) Pulling a gun - no no and no but yes have it in the truck - world full of azzhats
8) Gun violence does not fix stupidity
9) Kudos for standing up to trespassers with no respect - a trspasser by the way is someone with no respect. You do not own the land just because you can finance a toy.....sorry
10) No Kudos for exposing the gun, get something with a shorter barrel if you need to defend your self on YOUR OWN PRIVATE land

As a land owner (fortunatly way out of the city), sledder, quader, biker, boater, owner of all things motorized and owner of many many guns this a bad situation all around.
JUST REMEMBER THIS IS A BAD SITUATION CAUSED BY THE LOWLY DISRESPECTFUL TREPASSER, not the gun toting pscho :nono::argue::kickass:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He never "pulled a shotgun". He had one in his possession though. Whats the problem? I'd do the same in this day and age. You never know what psycho may be out there on a sled or on anything that is trespassing on your land. This land owner is probably lucky he wasn't treated like that poor moose was in the last firearm/sledding related video.

Snowmobilers threatened with gun, catch incident on video - Saskatoon - CBC News

I understand frustration with sledders on private property but pulling a shotgun is a justified response by the property owner?

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO....Not!

really don't matter , your holding a loaded gun in your hand confronting someone, you are threatining him with a gun. the guy should be charged and all guns be confiscated and lifetime ban on owning guns in my opinion.

i'm wondering if he is one of those responsible gun owners?

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but you never know who you are confronting on your own property.

There was a lot of snow this winter,great riding locally. On that note drive by Cougar Creek golf course west of the city, like thousands do every day.....See the multiple sledtracks across the FRIGGIN golf course.yes the golf course !!!!

Sleds .Quads. Dirtbikes, it really does not matter, until this criminal tresspassing is stopped,there will be more incidents like this !

I am not condoning the use of armed confrontations,but when you rip across some one else`s property with out consent,sooner or later
there will be repercussions...........

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only own a city lot and completely agree with you.

[SARCASM]In other related news a group of snowmobilers have been reported missing. Their truck and trailer were located along side of a grid road a few miles outside city limits. Officials attempted to follow the snowmobile tracks but due to the large volume of tracks in the area the search was called off. Persons with any information are asked........[/SARCASM]

The closer to a major center the more fed up the rural residents will be with BS. At the end of the day it is his land, stay the #$%^ off and there won't be any problems. Head bunt the wrong guy some time and let me know how that turns out for you.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regulations are different everywhere. Read them for your area. Who cares what the fine is. Stay the f off private property without permission. If you don't know the status of the land you are about to access, stay off.

that could have went sideways in a hurry. doesnt private land have to have a no tresspasing sign every so far before it is legal? And even at that a tresspasing fine isnt very much money if you ever got charged.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you going to shoot a 12 yr old kid for xing your property to get to a fishing hole or whatever?

Saw no shots fired. Nor did I see any kids. What I saw was 2 grown men on private land and a land owner clearly pee'd about it. Waving the gun is not the greatest idea but I bet he got his point across. Possible damage to the sleds??? What about his crop?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two quick points:
#1 In the eyes of the law, IF this was posted and the sledders were trespassing regardless they are at fault. If i am impaired/have no license etc BUT are driving down the highway and some guy T Bones me.....IT IS MY FAULT !!I HAD NO RIGHT TO BE ON THE HIGHWAY in the first place.....

#2 Ask any rural RCMP, with the deep snow this year there has been record # of break ins / thefts on rural property accessed by sledds. You cant chase them in your truck, they come in from the back of your property and if you stumble apon them , they were just
"LOST".......
#3 As for there was no signs so it must be alright.......Try that with a quad in Jasper National Park and see if they" let you off"......!!!

I am not saying that is the case here, but i can understand the" right to protect yourself" on your own land.........
What would the outcome be if there was no firearm ???

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many people are on the defense just because they were sledders? Pretty common sense would say if you don't own the land it would be considered trespassing.

My feeling is you have the right to protect "your property" at all cost.

I wonder how things would have gone if the farmer didn't have the gun?

I remember a video on here with a snowmobiler shooting a moose for being in the way, not saying its the same folks, but the ol man had every right to have protection and let it be shown.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I can drive across your lawn as long as there is no sign posted? Dully noted....

No, but I am sure the hell am not going to run out bitch slap you, kick your truck and wave a gun in your face. I might take a couple pics and phone the cops?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
When city folk move to the country.... not sure which way to weigh in on this I kinda agree with both sides well except for the gun part don't think it was necessary ....after i took the gun he would be picking up his teeth with broken fingers....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The farmer will end up loosing in the end. The courts won't take the shot gun lightly , He will end up loosing his right to posses firearms ,

I see both sides of the story but if he took a swing at the one guy and the guy grabbed the shot gun and well you can see where it would go from there , unfortunate for all. Gun owners and sledders, hopefully it was unseeded stubble

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the outcome could have been totally different if the farmer didn't have a gun.... he may have got a **** kicking and no video would have shown up....

Last edited:
Top Bottom