Sledders Helping the CAC

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was perusing the CAC website as I often do at lunch and noticed a few bigger donations from various non-profit sledding societies. These are from the ABC and Smithers Snowmobile Club, way to go guys!

What I also noticed was the fact that there are not a lot of big checks being handed out to the CAC by Wiegele or CMH.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be because their professional guides are the ones that provide most of the info for the bulletins?

Yeah that is part of the job though. I was on track to be a full ski guide before I realized that I didn't like my clients anymore.

Documenting and reporting avy condition's to fellow guides and industry are part of the job.

It is the CAC that disseminates the information to us lowly recreationalists.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is part of the job though. I was on track to be a full ski guide before I realized that I didn't like my clients anymore.

Documenting and reporting avy condition's to fellow guides and industry are part of the job.

It is the CAC that disseminates the information to us lowly recreationalists.

I understand the role of the CAC, but there seems to be a disparity between the amount of info being contributed by sledders vs heli ski operators. Just the nature of the job maybe. Either way the fat cat Heli outfits should step up their contributions.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that picture:beer:. I am just returning home from this conference and was just out of frame when that photo was taken. VARDA was just under 16000 of that check total and all of the sledders who ride in the "Buck a Head" areas or contribute through other means should be very proud of helping these contributions. All four manufactures are also on board with assisting the CAC through various donations of machines for the North and South Rockies field programs. Sledders are stepping up and its getting noticed! It was a great week of meetings and the snowmobile community was VERY well represented. Things sure have changed quickly in the last five years and the entire sled community needs to be proud. We still have a very long way to go for reaching the masses with avalanche awareness but have come very far is a very short period of time.

Top Bottom