sledchick on a 162

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the info fellas. Since I have a good handle on the old RMK 800 151 I should be able to get use to my new Arctic Cat M8 162. The only other thing I'll have to get use to is the harassment I'm going to get from the Old Boys and their Xp's and Dragons.. hahaha :d

What do you mean old!! :)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to AmyJane 20 on here (forget her new username but PistonBroke will know it), she is can't be more than 120lbs with riding gear and soaking wet and she rides a 162, no probs. If you search Pistonbroke in the vids section you can see her rocking the hills like a pro!!! oh wait she is one.... :d

You're not going to notice the extra length as much as the way the new sled handles much better. Congrats.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did modman just give me an "in" so I can brag up the wifey again? :d:d:d

Amy is "sledpiggy" on here....and here she is ripping it up on her M1000, in 153" length. She has no trouble with the 153, and also zips around on my 162" Apex with ease.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kQ-fa2sho[/media]

:girlpower:

BTW, we are also very near Cochrane, she grew up there!

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Did modman just give me an "in" so I can brag up the wifey again? :d:d:d

Amy is "sledpiggy" on here....and here she is ripping it up on her M1000, in 153" length. She has no trouble with the 153, and also zips around on my 162" Apex with ease.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kQ-fa2sho[/media]

:girlpower:

BTW, we are also very near Cochrane, she grew up there!

Nice vid! Good work on landing such a RAD broad! We're hard to find :d

RatedX

Reaction score
my sister rides m7 162 and loves it, well actually now she wants an m1000 now, lol, but loves the 162 as do I. Still makes it fun to ride, 174 is a little long unless your a climber, but you should have no problems with the 162, but always a good idea to try one first if you can.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice talking to you at the Snow and Mud booth Sunday. With your positive attitude you should have no problem climbing with the boys. Have fun keep us posted.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Yup Amys the "Real Deal":d Kicks arse and has her 'tude in check:)
Love watching that clip:beer:
A few gals rip on the 162's.....you'll be fine.:)
Enjoy
RS

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahah boys chris burandt switched to polaris for a reasonh

because they paid him more money. Im a born and raised polaris guy, but the amount of money/parts that go into his sleds, the only thing polaris is the hood and chassis(exaggerated a bit), you get what I mean.

Your lady sure can giver Pistonbroke.

got snow?

Reaction score
Website
www.grasslandtrailersales.com
i ride an 08 xp with a 163' now and use to ride a 05 rev with 151' a couple years ago, there is not much difference just that it may be a little heavier when you get stuck... but all in all,, the more track you have the more places you can go,, just keep on the throttle. also it depends on your weight as well, the more you weight the easier time you will have side hilling and pulling your sled over..

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
i ride an 08 xp with a 163' now and use to ride a 05 rev with 151' a couple years ago, there is not much difference just that it may be a little heavier when you get stuck... but all in all,, the more track you have the more places you can go,, just keep on the throttle. also it depends on your weight as well, the more you weight the easier time you will have side hilling and pulling your sled over..

I better start eating more cheeseburgers and ease up on the cardio hahaha :eek: not gunna happen but I'm confident that I will master it one way or another!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the more you weight the easier time you will have side hilling and pulling your sled over..

I disagree. I know many small ladies who can shred and carve better then most 'heavy' men. And a couple of these ladies ride M1000's....
:d:beer:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I better start eating more cheeseburgers and ease up on the cardio hahaha :eek: not gunna happen but I'm confident that I will master it one way or another!

Were you at the Calgary AST 1 Course, there was one cute blonde that couldnt turn her sled over, but I couldnt remember ur username. Seemed like nobody heard of snowandmud of the few i asked. I really liked that course, they offering it again with ast2 and advanced field session in early February, its $900 tho :/

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you at the Calgary AST 1 Course, there was one cute blonde that couldnt turn her sled over, but I couldnt remember ur username. Seemed like nobody heard of snowandmud of the few i asked. I really liked that course, they offering it again with ast2 and advanced field session in early February, its $900 tho :/

ya you got the right chick.

I was there too. :)

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score

Yup that was me.. which guy were you? I'm signed up for the AST2 in Golden in January.
Turning my sled over was more difficult on the old 01' but the new cat will be much easier! BUT I still could do it just for the record. :d

Top Bottom