sledchick on a 162

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
So I'm going from a 151 to a 162 and was wondering if anyone (especailly the ladies) has any input on this big track jump? I'd like to know the ladies opinions on riding a long track (or you guys' wife's experience?) FYI I'm 5'6 and 125lbs. Any info would be rad! Cheers eh :beer:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought but maybe going longer isnt needed. I would think for your size and weight that something more agile might be considered. ie: an M8(15"x153" track). Any chance of riding some buddy's sleds before you buy? A lot has to do with your riding style too. good luck! and welcome to the site.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey if you have the riding ability and the energy/strength to play around with that track then do it! I have seen guys on 163's that should probably be on a 146. dont let people talk you in or out of something. I've seen women your size on a 146 and a 163, its all personal preference!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will notice much of a difference... maybe a little less agile in the trees...

you might want to check out ladies ride.com for more input from the ladies... ;)

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Thanx for the info fellas. Since I have a good handle on the old RMK 800 151 I should be able to get use to my new Arctic Cat M8 162. The only other thing I'll have to get use to is the harassment I'm going to get from the Old Boys and their Xp's and Dragons.. hahaha :d

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you've been throwing around an RMK 800 151" you'll have no trouble tossing a Kitty around no matter what track length! I went from a 153" to a 162" and didn't notice any difference at all, just floats a little better. Welcome to Arctic Cat!

GRD

Reaction score
there is not much differance handleing wise from a 151 to a 163. if you can handle the 151 the 163 wont be an issue

I doubt you will notice much of a difference... maybe a little less agile in the trees...

you might want to check out ladies ride.com for more input from the ladies... ;)

If you've been throwing around an RMK 800 151" you'll have no trouble tossing a Kitty around no matter what track length! I went from a 153" to a 162" and didn't notice any difference at all, just floats a little better. Welcome to Arctic Cat!

I agree! Don't worry about the extra track.... It will work better in the powder!:d

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife is about the same size as you and she can handle a 155 no problem for her first year sledding, you should be fine with more experience on the 162, its only a idler wheel longer

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
151" vs 162" equals 11" of which only 5.5" more track will contact the ground...... You won't notice much, if any, difference.............;)
no worries. see ya on the hill!!!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow im pretty sure i just fell in love!!

You and the rest of S&M..lol. But on a more serious and professional level Justpinitfoxxy I think the move to a longer track won't be an issue for you.:d

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Going from the older poo to ryder forward sled no matter how long the track is you are going to have a awsome year,that sled will make you a better rider,it will be way easier to handle than your polaris.
catmando!
And as stated above.......Welcome to Arctic Cat!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but us doo riders will always tell you your kitty cat is a submarine
i tell that to my bud every time we ride ( his sled M1)

webster definition of skidoo (floats like a butterfly stings like a bee) LOL

enjoy your new ride and welcome this site

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Just picked up my new '07 M8 162 last night!!!! She is soooo beautiful my new pretty kitty! Stoked to represent Arctic Cat. Maybe see you other Cats out there!
Posting pics now
Cheers :d

Top Bottom