Sled trip with the wives

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelowna's Graystokes Park is one of the best and safest riding areas in BC. We don't have the steep terrain like Revy but we have fantastic snow and we groom over 250kms of trails. The endless meadow riding is amazing!. If you've never been here before our club would be happy to set you up with a guide for a couple of days. The wife and I would be happy to show you around. Kelowna is a 30 minute drive away and we have wine shops, excellent cuisine, spas galore and Orchard Park Shopping Center if the wives want to shop. For more info check out sledkelowna.ca. PM me if you have any questions. Where ever you go, have a great time.:beer:

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to valemount unique boutique salon and spa will keep the ladies happy and tons of great riding for the boys!!!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys and the wifes would love Fernie! As mentioned before Spa 901 is great! Great riding for you guys, have everything from beginner to advanced! PM when you know your coming if you choose Fernie as I am out there lots and as long as you have AVI GEAR I could show you around for a day or two!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie has it all. Being a world class ski town the amenities are everything you would want.

Fernie is only 9 hours or less from Saskatoon and a great highway to travel. I have found the fast way is Speedy Creek, The Hat, Lethbridge and then Crowsnest Pass. Not a long drive through the mountains. A lot of 4 lane divided.

The Elk View Lodge is a great B&B (Home) for a group. Eating establishments are second to none and there are lots of little eclectic stores for some unique shopping. Lots of spas throughout the City.

The Park Place Lodge (250-423-6871) is a great hotel with an awesome restaurant, pub, hot tub and pool, within walking distance of downtown. Check out the bigger rooms or the suites. It is right across the street from a really good Sushi place (YamaGoya) also.

The staging area is only 6 km from the hotel and easy riding can be had on a well groomed trail to a new cabin and awesome tree riding even for the short tracks. I know an old fellow that could tour you around for a day and you would be set.

The ladies could take the shuttle to the ski hill it they wanted while you are out with the sleds.

Try to stay away from the Alberta Family Day as it is crazy busy. The early part of March, although not the first weekend as that is Griz days and it will be busy again, is good for warmth and longer more blue bird days.

You can PM me for more information as this is much the same speal I give at the Saskatoon Sled Show and I doo have much more to add.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the "Tourism BC" replies. This is great! (not sarcasm - I think it is great everyone is promoting their own backyards)

P.S. Go to Fernie or Kelowna - less guys on the hills in the Interior then. LOL.

This begs the question of "Are spouses supposed to be coming on the sled trip". Although the thoughts of post-riding shenanigans have always tempted me to bring my significant other along, the reality is crawling your way back to the hotel\condo at 9pm, smelling like beer and two stroke exhaust, is not considered by my wife to be "foreplay". I sled - she heads down to Scottsdale. She comes back a little tanned, rested and has usually bought out Victoria's Secret. I have had a weekend away without worrying when I am getting back to the hotel to have dinner with her and the kids. Money well spent for everyone.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I love the "Tourism BC" replies. This is great! (not sarcasm - I think it is great everyone is promoting their own backyards)

P.S. Go to Fernie or Kelowna - less guys on the hills in the Interior then. LOL.

This begs the question of "Are spouses supposed to be coming on the sled trip". Although the thoughts of post-riding shenanigans have always tempted me to bring my significant other along, the reality is crawling your way back to the hotel\condo at 9pm, smelling like beer and two stroke exhaust, is not considered by my wife to be "foreplay". I sled - she heads down to Scottsdale. She comes back a little tanned, rested and has usually bought out Victoria's Secret. I have had a weekend away without worrying when I am getting back to the hotel to have dinner with her and the kids. Money well spent for everyone.

I like to bring my spouse along after all who would do all the driving? I usually let him lead too although if he tears up a fresh line I do get pretty pissed at him. He is pretty handy with a shovel too. I like that he also carries half of the survival gear and helps me out with gassing up and getting the sleds ready. He's pretty good about fixing broken parts as we go along too. I like that he also pulls on the power pull when one of us gets stuck I hate getting run over by the sled.

So yeah I would say spouses are supposed to come..........................

Jan

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO...I sure hope I'm 'supposed' to go...hubby doesn't leave home without me, and it's usually me making him go riding. :D
I liked the first post before I realized the women weren't riding, they were going to the spa, oops. :p

Pretty much anywhere in the winter in the BC mountains you can find a good riding area...with a spa fairly close, some food and a bit of shopping. Tourism...it's what we do out here. LOL If you need info on Radium/Golden area, let me know. :)

assaultbear

Reaction score
Took my wife with me to Valemount. Don't remember the name of cabins where we stayed but west of town a couple miles. Took her to Clemina for her first mountain ride. She was tenative till she got "air" the first time then couldn't get her off the mountain while I was running out of gas! Didn't see any shopping or spa but had great time.

dooski

Reaction score
Go to Grizzly Lodge Awesome place , ride up to the lodge then ride anywhere from there, you can buy fuel up there as well, check their website

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to bring my spouse along after all who would do all the driving? I usually let him lead too although if he tears up a fresh line I do get pretty pissed at him. He is pretty handy with a shovel too. I like that he also carries half of the survival gear and helps me out with gassing up and getting the sleds ready. He's pretty good about fixing broken parts as we go along too. I like that he also pulls on the power pull when one of us gets stuck I hate getting run over by the sled.

So yeah I would say spouses are supposed to come..........................

Jan

But how does he look in a Victoria's Secret outfit? :d

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have To go fernie
as Ferniesnow said, it's a great place, we have taken our wives a few times, some great rooms, great shopping. That is any easy walk, weather is normally warm. Except when I'm there. Then it's raining. Food is very good. With a lot of choices, you can double the girls up to the new cabin at night for a fire. Best of all it's close, we are out of sask as well, very say drive

Pm if you have any questions
giddyup

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
THANK YOU everyone for making suggestions on where to go. We decided on Fernie mainly because its close to us & lots of stuff for the gals to do.

Top Bottom