sled trip planned

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all. we have a trip planned for Dec 28,29,30th. was planning on fernie due to it being closer and the guys coming out are fairly new. looking at the weather, it doesn't look very promising. Don't want to take them to ferinie and spend 3 days on hardpacked ice covered conditions. one of the guys is making the drive from Brandon MB. any advice from peeps that have been out to either Fernie, Cranbrook, Golden or Revy would be appreciated. we are open to anything but prefer somewhere around sparwood as we have rooms already. cancelling rooms isn't out of the question yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt Revy would be an option now. Rooms are usually all booked for the Christmas week long in advance. Golden has more rooms than they need so that might be your next option. Good luck. Apparently the snow gods aren't in the Christmas spirit this year.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't look good in the forecast and the snow is not very good for this time of year.I went with my Dad in the groomer last night and there is 6-8 inches of fresh snow that fell last night.Its hard to plan around the weather you just have to do it and make the best of whatever snow you find.You could go to Revy and be socked in for three days with bad visibility…you just never know!!cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wayne, there is snow in Fernie and it isn't hard packed and ice covered. 6-8" fresh last night. There is riding to be had and the Newbies would enjoy it. The trees (not in the old burn) are awesome. People are enjoying the Notch; I'm not quite sure why as I haven't gone that far this year as there is good riding much closer.

It is pretty much the same all over except the communities in the north like Valemont, McBride, etc.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all. we have a trip planned for Dec 28,29,30th. was planning on fernie due to it being closer and the guys coming out are fairly new. looking at the weather, it doesn't look very promising. Don't want to take them to ferinie and spend 3 days on hardpacked ice covered conditions. one of the guys is making the drive from Brandon MB. any advice from peeps that have been out to either Fernie, Cranbrook, Golden or Revy would be appreciated. we are open to anything but prefer somewhere around sparwood as we have rooms already. cancelling rooms isn't out of the question yet.
What happened last year is the same thing with the weather we road revy 8 times last year and it snowed 7 out of 8 times. U learn to ride trees real quick and we have always found lots of snow. We have been up twice this year and all we heard is guys complain about the old same thing is no snow and pounded out we now ride almost always in the trees but make sure u ride tight because u can get separated real easy. We had this happen last year and now we ride with the 650 garmin which works real well, because this happened this year I got separated for a while and these units helped find me in minutes, so be careful and good luck.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in sicamous right now. Grooming has not started here yet not enough snow. But we do have a trail between owl head and blue lake which is awesome to have and good right now but will be quite rough until the groomer can get out.
We are down quite a bit at least 3'. here is a pic from today at blue lake we road from our house 6 miles out if sicamous to blue lake 58miles round trip!

Last edited:
Top Bottom