Sled Trailer Furnace Blowing Cold Air

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought there Bryan, were the bottles properly purged when they did the first fill on them? I have a brand new 30lb that when I got it filled it wasn't purged and is absolutely useless. Full bottle and no flow out of it. Costs more to take it somewhere and have it fixed then to buy a new one from Costco.

I will check this out s well.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the furnace is running and no fire could be low battery. Or faulty limit switch telling the board it is to hot in the combustion chamber so the fan will continue to run, this can happen if it is hot or not. switch is located in the furnace accessed from inside the trailer should have continuity though it. or the fan control relay on the main board is shot. Also double check to see if the batteries are hooked up properly, sounds odd but is possible

My suburban furnace has a switch on the side of it as well. The fan will run if this switch is off but will not ignite

Thegeneral

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the furnace fixed on warranty. Circut board was no good. Furnace worked again for one trip but know looks like the truck is not charging the battery. Battery is brand new, charged up, and holding charge. Any suggestions on what else to check or how to check if the truck is not charging?

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is a chev then there will be a large 40 amp fuse you need to plug in the fuse panel under hood. The fuse is usually wrapped with the plug for brake controller

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is a chev then there will be a large 40 amp fuse you need to plug in the fuse panel under hood. The fuse is usually wrapped with the plug for brake controller

Yes, my truck is a GMC. I will look at this.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee the fuse is plugged in. He pulls a RV in the summer and has been since he bought the truck.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bryan my Dodge has a seperate charge fuse in the fuse panel under the hood. Don"t know if your GMC is the same.Good luck with it and maybe we will see you in Whitecourt on the family day weekend.
Derek

Top Bottom