Sled Trailer Furnace Blowing Cold Air

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought new sled trailer with a forced air heater in it. Used the trailer a couple times but know there is no heat. The fan runs all the time.

Any suggestion or ideas why the furnace is just blowing cold air?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the regulator is working, Ive had this happen on my 5th. full bottles and blowing cold air, flipped the regulator switch back and forth a couple times and one or two "gentle" taps and that did it.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on the furnace but my suburban furnace will try three times to ignite then stop trying, but the fan will continue to run until you turn off the thermostat and restart it then it will try again 3 times. mine is doing I think the same as yours. it will run, then stop blowing heat till i reset the thermo.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on the furnace but my suburban furnace will try three times to ignite then stop trying, but the fan will continue to run until you turn off the thermostat and restart it then it will try again 3 times. mine is doing I think the same as yours. it will run, then stop blowing heat till i reset the thermo.

I turned off the thermostat and tried the to reset but the fan kept running and never did shut off. Had to take the fuse out to get the fan to stop. Waited a few minutes and tried it again. Fan still on but thermostat off???

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought there Bryan, were the bottles properly purged when they did the first fill on them? I have a brand new 30lb that when I got it filled it wasn't purged and is absolutely useless. Full bottle and no flow out of it. Costs more to take it somewhere and have it fixed then to buy a new one from Costco.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the Thermostat is turned off...the fan shouldn't run...period. Sounds like a thermostat malfunction or wiring short in the thermostat wires.

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
if the furnace is running and no fire could be low battery. Or faulty limit switch telling the board it is to hot in the combustion chamber so the fan will continue to run, this can happen if it is hot or not. switch is located in the furnace accessed from inside the trailer should have continuity though it. or the fan control relay on the main board is shot. Also double check to see if the batteries are hooked up properly, sounds odd but is possible

Last edited:

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the exact scenario with a buddys enclosed. Check the wiring in the furnace enclosure. Rough roads caused the wiring connections to fail. Removed front access panel. Located wiring cluster and twisted each connection back together and voila, burning propane again. Not sure if this is your case , but worth a try.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the time delay relay is stuck on if the fan won't shut off. Try tapping the circuit board. No fire can be a lot of things. Can you hear it trying to ignite?

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't know if trailer furnaces work the same as house furnaces but my house one did the same thing and it was a blockage in the pipe from the pressure switch to the evacuator fan

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the time delay relay is stuck on if the fan won't shut off. Try tapping the circuit board. No fire can be a lot of things. Can you hear it trying to ignite?

Can not hear it trying to ignite. Just the fan running non stop.

Top Bottom