Sled trail maps for South Chilcotin area

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I might be able to find some sled trail maps in the South Chilcotin area. Areas like Bralorne, Hurley and Trail Basin in particular.

I plan to make a trip that way to ride Brandywine and Rutherford area's again and was interested in maybe trying out a different area as well.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi LBZ,

You can check out this site for some descriptions of the trails:

This company makes a good map of the area with lots of the multi use trails with sledding areas like Slim Creek & Taylor Basin

The Backroads Map books also show sledding trails but our area is split into two books, the SW BC book covers Bralorne and Lone Goat and the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast the Slim & Taylor side.

The Bridge River Valley Trails Society is in the process of mapping out the valley for future maps but for now it's kind of like the wild west!
Check out our website for other info Welcome to Winter Wonderland in the Bridge River Valley

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bridge River. Are there any online ones out there?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found one. Does this look like it's the right area in the top right of the map?

bones01

Reaction score
you could try snowmobile.ca, I believe the top right corner has a old picture of a helmet click on it and follow the drop down boxes. Should show you the basic trails up the valleys and mountains

bones01

Reaction score
if you go to snowmobile.ca the maps are located top right corner. Top right side dropdown box say regional maps click on it, click bc and now centre page says bc region trail maps click drop down and click approp. Map and now your looking at the main trail to the riding area. I just did this on my phone. I can see maps no prob. Hope it helps, they don't jump out amd bite you, you have to look for them.

Reaction score
Thanks bones01, I see it now. There is a map of the valley there. There is some bad info on there to note. McMillivray Pass should read McGillivray Pass and that's a ski touring area that we ask sleds to stay out of. Lots of other sledding areas off the Kingdom Lake rd in the same area though.

Top Bottom