Sled storage

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to keep 4 sleds inside? And so you can park 2 cars inside too.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife hasn't been able to park her truck in the garage for so long that I can't remember when she did! I am surprised she stuck around!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's this talk about parking cars in the sled storage area?? Sounds like a bad precedent to me, sure hope my wife doesn't hear about this new fad. lol

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, minimum 40x50 shop and 15' ceilings or higher so the next guy can put a hoist in it! That's my plan when the lotto numbers come thru :p

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It more how could I stack them iv had 2 sled and 2 cars before but now with 4 I would like to sack them some how.
Ceiling is about 10 feet

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Modman built a lift system for stacking sleds in his garage. I was a couple years ago i seen the thread on it but it looked like a good set up. Almost like a mini automotive hoist if i remember right.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Now that's the way to doo it!

I doo mine the cheapo way with some 2x4's and some plywood pieces. I place the first sled on the floor where I want it and then build the rack. The second sled comes off the truck deck when I back into the shop and the height is close so lifting isn't a big problem.

And I know…….

:nopics:

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They sell those at Martin Equip. Saw one last last fall, neat looking unit, all hand cranking lift and steel construction. The sales guy said they can be fitted with a winch as well but they become slower than snot on a cold day.:)

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/my-double-decker-sled-storage-32153.html

Here's what I built a couple years ago. Works good, very minor issues but if doing it again I would maybe just put in an electric winch from the start. I would also go with bigger chain on the lifting mechanism and a ramp securing point on the top deck because it sits about a foot off the floor when all the way down, it was a little tough figuring out how to get the sleds on the first couple times until i figured out a system other than dead lifting them. Otherwise it works great.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was think about storage racking converting top side with tilt deck /winch put wheels on it to move it around the shop

Top Bottom