Sled skiing in Revy

polarischik

Reaction score
Headed out to Revy for getaway the first weekend of March. Looking for some sled ski terrain with easier access. Just getting used to sledding as this is our second season. Have new sleds, ast 1 and all the gear. Looking for recommendations and partners as there are just 2 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut blocks on Sale or boulder, very easy access.

Headed out to Revy for getaway the first weekend of March. Looking for some sled ski terrain with easier access. Just getting used to sledding as this is our second season. Have new sleds, ast 1 and all the gear. Looking for recommendations and partners as there are just 2 of us.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Courtney, we hope you two are having fun! Yoyo and I were in Alpine Wyoming for a two day ladies back country riding clinic with Next Level. It was a great clinic and all the ladies were pushed hard. Yoyo did great and learned some new skills.
we are sorry our schedule did not allow us to get out with you again. We will be back in early April and if the conditions are good we should try and get out.
cheers- Rich & Yo

mbulcock

Reaction score
If the conditions are good and have the time will show ya some good spots.

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Frisbee, seemed to offer some easier choices for sled access for begginers / intermediates both down lower and up high. It had some good logging cuts on the main trail on the way up. Be aware of the closure area's up on the ridge though.

Boulder, I think if you take the time to investigate and look will have some area's that can be done from the main trail. Up in the Alpine here there is certainly some good sled ski area's but the sled climbs with two people will be more challenging.

I am no expert at Sled Ski but this was my take when I was there at Xmas.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Hi Courtney, we hope you two are having fun! Yoyo and I were in Alpine Wyoming for a two day ladies back country riding clinic with Next Level. It was a great clinic and all the ladies were pushed hard. Yoyo did great and learned some new skills.
we are sorry our schedule did not allow us to get out with you again. We will be back in early April and if the conditions are good we should try and get out.
cheers- Rich & Yo

Hello Rich and Yoyo.

Kinda irronc seeing your post.
Cathy and i just found your card from a few years back when we sledded with you guys.
Hope all is well with you guys?
There is more and more sled skiing on boulder all the time.
You can always meet up with skiers in the meadow by the cabin and they can show you guys where to go.
You head up the trail to the alpine and end up skiing down to the meadow by the cabin.

We are heading back for the vintage ride next week and not sure when in April.
Maybe run into you folks in April and do another cook out at the cabin..

Take care and all the best to you folks!

polarischik

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts. Rich and Yoyo too bad we missed ya! Hoping for sledding in April for sure! Kimrick I think the vintage sled ride is the weekend we are out. Any interest on meeting up the Thursday or Friday and getting some laps in?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts. Rich and Yoyo too bad we missed ya! Hoping for sledding in April for sure! Kimrick I think the vintage sled ride is the weekend we are out. Any interest on meeting up the Thursday or Friday and getting some laps in?

I only ride sleds. Knees are not good for skiing anymore.
I showed Rich and Yoyo around on where to go sled skiing.
I will see how the week is for those days and let you know. I still like showing folks where to ski/sled.
I am usually helping my buddies get there sleds organized for the vintage ride.

polarischik

Reaction score
Sure the more info the better. Always happy to sled too and pick up so tips! Keep me posted!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last time we were at Keystone there was about 20 guys sled skiing just before the side hill shovel spot. They were skiing in the caribou closure. Not sure about the rules , but is it ok to grab your buddies in the caribou areas with your sled so they can ski??

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The last time we were at Keystone there was about 20 guys sled skiing just before the side hill shovel spot. They were skiing in the caribou closure. Not sure about the rules , but is it ok to grab your buddies in the caribou areas with your sled so they can ski??
Okay to ski there. but walk back up!
No motorized vehicles in Caribou closures.

This thread will not turn into a caribou closure thread either.

Stay on topic

polarischik

Reaction score
Just 2 of us right now so pretty nervous about heading into a less travelled zone in an area I'm not familiar with.

Dolla-Bill

Reaction score
Sale mountain has a lot of sled/ski traffic, lots of cut blocks on the highway side as well as decent tree riding. Fairly good for not getting lost as everything just comes back down towards the highway.

Top Bottom