Sled skiing golden

polarischik

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wanting to know some good sled skiing areas near Golden. We are beginner sledders but the best way to learn is head out. Been to quartz which is awesome however we are having some friends come with us that don't have a sled so looking for something that doesn't have a 14 km access so that I don't have to make 3 trips to the parking lot to get people. Thanks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All areas are going to have at least 14km of access road. Your friends need sleds, problem solved.
Towing your freinds is an option, i use a bike tube fold in half, wrap tube around skiers butt like a sling, connect the ends with a carabiner as sort of a harness then loop tow rope through biner, skier holds loose end against biner to keep tight. Away you go, any issues skier lets go rope pulls through and no dragging.
Have towed 3 people into jumbo like this, good times.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All areas are going to have at least 14km of access road. Your friends need sleds, problem solved.
Towing your freinds is an option, i use a bike tube fold in half, wrap tube around skiers butt like a sling, connect the ends with a carabiner as sort of a harness then loop tow rope through biner, skier holds loose end against biner to keep tight. Away you go, any issues skier lets go rope pulls through and no dragging.
Have towed 3 people into jumbo like this, good times.

What he said ^^^. no access points close that you won't have to rip at least 10 kms of trail on.

snowho

Reaction score
I always like to meet up with random sled access people and don't mind ridding in tandem but there are some rules
1) can not be an A hole
2) gotta be able to tandem ride
3) gotta be able to drive the sled on your own
4) Can not joy ride the sled while I'm boarding this one is nonnegotiable the others I can put up with or teach

polarischik

Reaction score
Ok thanks! Any suggestions of where to go if I do want to haul them in?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always like to meet up with random sled access people and don't mind ridding in tandem but there are some rules
1) can not be an A hole
2) gotta be able to tandem ride
3) gotta be able to drive the sled on your own
4) Can not joy ride the sled while I'm boarding this one is nonnegotiable the others I can put up with or teach
Good luck with meeting new people, with a list like that

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
Cant see any reason why you'd ever want to bring your whole crew in with you for a day of sled boarding. Gotta just pick one for the day and 2 pack in, the others can hear the stories or check the GoPro footy haha

polarischik

Reaction score
Anyone going to be out at Quartz next Thuhrsday Feb.5? We are headed to revy and thought of stopping at quartz for a rip or 2!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gorman is about 20km in, but some BIG lines ...

quartz is easier, closer to trailhead, has cabin, fun trees, easy laps back to cabin.

but gorman is the big mtn experiance.

2 up only !!!

no sled = fark "em ...

gota pay to play ...

Top Bottom