Sled skiing Blueriver or Valemont?

scotiaslider

Reaction score
Hello there. Has anyone been somewhere where people are using the main trail systems as a shuttle path to pull/tandom skiers/snowboarders to a summit then go back down the trail to pick then up? Some place where you may have seen this consistantly? Someplace where the snowmobile club runs a groomer? Any info would be appreciated.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen it all over the place from Blue River to Golden, not too many getting pulled though. The guys I see all ride their own sled to the bottom of the hill then double to the top, one guy rides down and the other boards down then they switch. I have also seen guys ride to the top, let there sleds go down by themselves and then board down, need a pretty wide open hill for this though.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like sooo much fun. God i wish i was 20 years younger

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i went with the group here a few times, i just doubled them out the hill and the rode the trees down a few switch backs down to the main road, wile they did thati just rode the cut blocks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to be a big snowboarder....used to take my board up the hill.....then as i started to ride the sled more the board got left behind.

havent touched a snowboard for 3 years now.

sledding is just way to addicting. you can go up and down. way faster!

jayew118

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding is addicting, i have started to take the board out again for those days up at sun peaks because turns on a snowboard are fun when the snow isn't super deep for sledding. Plus they won't let me take my sled in the snowboard park. I heard Chappel is a good place because you ride up the switch backs then board down through the trees, but i haven't been there.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just gotta get out there!!

Everywhere I go I find new lines. Some take a lot more work then others and the tricky part is finding ones that are easy to double back up.

22565_494361650584_805525584_112152.jpg

22565_494361595584_805525584_112152.jpg

Sled.jpg

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years back there was a company out of Vailmont called snowfarmeres ran by the Perisi's. They were doing alot of guided sno-mo-boarding...
We usually sno-mo-board at Quartz creek in Golden and at Boulder mountian in Revy, the pow turns you get are epic, if your doubling partner is a pussy your in for a long day though....

scotiaslider

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses...usually hit revy... for the the easy access and thick snow..but in ayear like this so does everyone else..so Blue River is the next relm, a doable day trip once you have a place wired. Some nice steep trees close to alpine where the sleds dont go (i no good luck!) please....

scotiaslider

Reaction score
i used to be a big snowboarder....used to take my board up the hill.....then as i started to ride the sled more the board got left behind.

havent touched a snowboard for 3 years now.

sledding is just way to addicting. you can go up and down. way faster!

i agree about the fun but still cant put the sticks away...there are places where i could only dream of taking my sled..but i can on 2 sticks or 1

scotiaslider

Reaction score
sledding is addicting, i have started to take the board out again for those days up at sun peaks because turns on a snowboard are fun when the snow isn't super deep for sledding. Plus they won't let me take my sled in the snowboard park. I heard Chappel is a good place because you ride up the switch backs then board down through the trees, but i haven't been there.

chappel.. i have heard that as well..big helisking tenure to the south and west of main line in/out..it is on the list but to far for day trip need 2/ 3 days ..JB?

scotiaslider

Reaction score
A few years back there was a company out of Vailmont called snowfarmeres ran by the Perisi's. They were doing alot of guided sno-mo-boarding...
We usually sno-mo-board at Quartz creek in Golden and at Boulder mountian in Revy, the pow turns you get are epic, if your doubling partner is a pussy your in for a long day though....

been doing boulder for 3/4 years...gotta luv the vert one can get on the paved highway..that place is why i bought a sled...the secret is out..gotta look north...but will hit the old faithfull this week..

SendingItDeep

Reaction score
dud i just started sledding for snowboarding if youre just looking for good steep treed runs they are everywhere
look for places a fire ripped through
its too tight for most people on sleds but you can still get sick lines
just go up and keep your eyes open theres usually a packed highway that goes around the goods

Top Bottom