Sled Security

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking on the ground or in a truck or in a trailer etc? I say Lock it up the best you can and have really good insurance, just remember that if they want it bad enough, they will get it!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly.

geico LOL

a friend has a cable that when cut makes an AWEFULL! sound and screetching. pretty cool the mechanism/box is also steel so it would be hard to bust

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly.

geico LOL

a friend has a cable that when cut makes an AWEFULL! sound and screetching. pretty cool the mechanism/box is also steel so it would be hard to bust
We drilled a hole in the pannel by the key and put in a battery powered flashing led.....kinda looks like a security system/ tracking system....... seems it might have been a bit of a deterent. came out to find the cover missing but the sled was still in the truck. and they were threw the cable and chain.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
This works OK too.

Attachments

• gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 528

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Chained and locked forsure. Someone had a good idea about stashing a Spot on the sled and putting it on track mode when you have to leave your sled unattended. Won't stop thieves but have a better chance of catching them!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Chained and locked forsure. Someone had a good idea about stashing a Spot on the sled and putting it on track mode when you have to leave your sled unattended. Won't stop thieves but have a better chance of catching them!

Don't know about the spot (hate to lose it) but there are GPS systems for sleds!! It would be very nice to find the sled and it's new owner. Police need not be called. :rolleyes:

tonykunz

Reaction score
I have this GPS tracking software for my Iphone through www.me.com, I know that we have gps tracking through work on our vehicles, but they need to be running to engage the gps. Your only problem is that if you have a gps tracker that runs on batteries, I bet the time that the batteries are dead is the time it gets stolen.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, "if they want it they'll get it". Just some devices work better than others to slow em down a bit. Insurance is a must! :beer:

tonykunz

Reaction score
x2 what they said

If you ride without insurance, you're a moron with a big "Pick Me!" sticker on your forehead. Murphy's law.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep it out of sight, don't load it on your truck the night before you go riding. Load it in the morning and unload it when you get home. If the theives can't see it they can't steal it. That and a Kryptonite Cable and lock.

BeeZee62

Reaction score
If only there were a way to electrify tow vehicle, trailer and sled ... electrocute the scumbags

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
locks and chains DO NOT STOP them! it takes less then 2 seconds to use their bolt cutters to cut them off! GPS...."GO FIND ME" is only $250 and you can follow it with your smart phone! you can also put it in the kids back pack and see if he is safe coming home from school......it also has a "Help Me, I Have Fallin" button that will call up to 3 people..........multi uses and all self contained.......BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!! in the drug bust down the road, they found 2 hot sleds.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
locks and chains DO NOT STOP them! it takes less then 2 seconds to use their bolt cutters to cut them off! GPS...."GO FIND ME" is only $250 and you can follow it with your smart phone! you can also put it in the kids back pack and see if he is safe coming home from school......it also has a "Help Me, I Have Fallin" button that will call up to 3 people..........multi uses and all self contained.......BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!! in the drug bust down the road, they found 2 hot sleds.

do you know where to purchase said come and find me units sounds like a good idea

Top Bottom