Sled RPM Flutter off Initial Wide Open

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 800 XP, off start up the first time you hit the throttle wide open and hold it, it hits 8000 then bounces down to about 7600 then back to 8000. And when i say bounce, its fast, the skis dont touch the snow wile its doing it. But if you let off and crack on it again it hits 8000 and holds no problem. It did this probably 4 times on sunday, and always off initial start. any ideas?:beer:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a 2010 800 XP, off start up the first time you hit the throttle wide open and hold it, it hits 8000 then bounces down to about 7600 then back to 8000. And when i say bounce, its fast, the skis dont touch the snow wile its doing it. But if you let off and crack on it again it hits 8000 and holds no problem. It did this probably 4 times on sunday, and always off initial start. any ideas?:beer:

Can you actually hear the engine rpm drop when this happens or is it a guage issue? Is that all it rev's at? Should run at 8150 which is around 8200-8250 on the rpm guage. The difference between 8000 to 8200 on the guage is significant.....thats when the 800R comes alive.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can hear it on the engine, not sure on what helix, it was setup and clutched at Stojins in GP, it has a SPI y pipe, Pipe and can, was told with the pipe once you get over 8000 you start to lose power.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it seem to be gettin worse?? my guess is the bushing in ur sliding sheeve of ur primary is worn out and it startin to destroy ur rollers and ramps..

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, not getting any worse, it is not all the time, I'm going to pull the clutch this weekend when i get home this weekend and take a peek.

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Just went through a similar thing with my 07 with full spi kit, google pipe surge and throw some weigh at it....

Top Bottom