Sled Retrieval from Mt. Gerald Avalanche(Hope Creek)

Gebhardt92

Reaction score
My only regret with this whole situation is that more didn't answer the call of a mother and daughter for help getting their family members sleds out. Don't kid yourself one of the reasons the sport is dying is cause everyone is to worried about me and should be more concerned with WE:beer::d

:) muchly appreciated! everything you guys did is amazing and we're so thankful that your tiny group of men did such a big feat. they are now safe and sound at home, with a few rough edges, but runable! and we have you to thank.

Gebhardt92

Reaction score
Wish I could have been there today too. Work sucks, would have loved to hook up that dead sled to the Yammie, it loves pullin Shankster!!!
Great group of guys, worked our bags off yesterday, moved a lot of cement snow. When I took Norberts' sled for a boot to make sure it was alright I went for a little session just north of the hill. Played for 5 minutes on it and climbed a little chute with a catwalk at the top, thinkin of Norbert the whole time, gonna really miss that guy.
Took Jarrets for a boot too, had to laugh at the tree skidmarks all over the white hood and his duct taped throttle! Wish I could have been there to get Andy's out today he was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet!
Great effort by a very small group of guys that share the same passion, had some great laughs and forged some friendships and stories! I know OOC Zigzag has some great pics and stories(mostly at JJ's expense!lol) Cheers to all sledders that were there and wanted to be there.(We will get together for one more ride this season) Rene

hahaha! The tree's always managed to get in his way. We probably have more pictures of him tree-hugging then open space riding. and he always carried a role of duct-tape just in case, weather it be for his throttle, his helmet, or even a make-shift splint, he'd find a use for it. (I think that was Dad's way of fixing things and he just inherited it.) Glad you could have your moment with the two atleast, Norbie woulda appreciated the catwalk i think! Want to thank you and everyone involved, really great show. glad there were pics taken.:beer:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's classified "Behind the Scenes" Exclusive footage! Also might I add a yamaha pulling 2 Doo's, was a one time exclusive event! Stupid stators anyways!:rant:Was pretty interesting listening to that tractor pumping 12lbs boost and going 3mph! Not quite sure what I thought of the fist size ice chunks hitting me though!!

Shankster you put it up on your own haha excellent that's the chit.:beer::d

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
That's classified "Behind the Scenes" Exclusive footage! Also might I add a yamaha pulling 2 Doo's, was a one time exclusive event! Stupid stators anyways!:rant:Was pretty interesting listening to that tractor pumping 12lbs boost and going 3mph! Not quite sure what I thought of the fist size ice chunks hitting me though!!

Yamaha turbo pullin 2 dead sleds at the same time, gotta love it!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha turbo pullin 2 dead sleds at the same time, gotta love it!

That Yammi sounds like an angry tractor, sometimes it acts like one to great tow job, I am close to converting to 4 stroke turbo. Definatly an impressive ride Rene.:beer::d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Yammi sounds like an angry tractor, sometimes it acts like one to great tow job, I am close to converting to 4 stroke turbo. Definatly an impressive ride Rene.:beer::d

The climb Rene did at the end as we were about to leave...he was only half throttle and just flying up that mountain..very impressive indeed!.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The climb Rene did at the end as we were about to leave...he was only half throttle and just flying up that mountain..very impressive indeed!.

I've seen you do some pretty impressive chit on that kitty, Scares me the thought of us with 2 of those unleashed for the day somebody would get hurt foresure.:beer::d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah..not sure if it would be smart me being on a t-nytro...I seem to get myself into enough trouble as it is, but it would be fun giving it a whirl!...or maybe a t-M8:d

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would any-one have some GPS data on the Hope Creek Staging area and the Slide area, where the sled recovery area was, :confused:. I would like to Geo-Tag these Great Pictures of the recovery.

Thanks, Bruce.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you Pm Shankster or OOCzigzag...they had the coordinates.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would any-one have some GPS data on the Hope Creek Staging area and the Slide area, where the sled recovery area was, :confused:. I would like to Geo-Tag these Great Pictures of the recovery.

Thanks, Bruce.

Better talk to Shankster, I'm not sure I want to give any info out until the family is able to make the heli ride in to recover the rest of the personal items.:d

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure the Doo team can afford to lose a big player such as yourself. :):beer:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure the Doo team can afford to lose a big player such as yourself. :):beer:

No fear brother I don't have a spare 10G laying around right now and really my 09 163 seperatist manufactured POS with the biuld quality of a 1960 russian tractor has provided me with endless hours of fun and adventure. Cut me and I bleed Doo.:beer::d

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job on the sled retrieval guys...This is what makes the sledding community so great.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No fear brother I don't have a spare 10G laying around right now and really my 09 163 seperatist manufactured POS with the biuld quality of a 1960 russian tractor has provided me with endless hours of fun and adventure. Cut me and I bleed Doo.:beer::d

As a Doo kind of guy, with regards to the quote and your signature I don't agree with the "separatist manufactured POS with the build quality of an 1960 Russian tractor" and then you go on to say, "endless hours of fun and adventure".....please make up your mind buddy!

Not trying to stir the pot just to really see where you are coming from....:beer::beer::beer:

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the fellows who assisted the victims of the avalanche, thanks for stepping up and helping in a time of need. It wasn't a pleasure trip I'm sure, but one that was accomplished by a select few who find passion in the sport. My respect goes to the guys who put forth the money, time and effort to make a difficult situation, do-able. Thanks to those who helped and my thoughts to those who endure with their losses day to day.

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
To the fellows who assisted the victims of the avalanche, thanks for stepping up and helping in a time of need. It wasn't a pleasure trip I'm sure, but one that was accomplished by a select few who find passion in the sport. My respect goes to the guys who put forth the money, time and effort to make a difficult situation, do-able. Thanks to those who helped and my thoughts to those who endure with their losses day to day.

Thanks, I just want to thank the small group that showed up and worked their butts off. Here is an overview of the first day; 5 guys got up at 6:30 am ( max 5 hours of sleep), met at Husky 7 am, drove to Donald then 55km of gravel road with large hidden speed dips. Drove about 22km of hard moguls, dug for 2 sleds for about 10 hours straight. They wrecked most all of their avy shovels, destroyed belts, broke Chevs, and tore a lot of muscle fiber. Towed sleds back to trucks(yammie pulled 2 at once, had to put that in there!LOL) Got back to Golden at 11 pm, quick shower and we were eatin gourmet at the Golden Arch at midnight( first Big Mac in a couple years,and last!) Bed around 2 am so they could do it again the next day.

You know what really stuck in my mind....not one guy complained or griped about anything, ever!!! (couple of the old guys whined about sore muscles, but that's a nomal day for them!) I noticed a cool rock formation that looks down on that bowl and pointed it out to Yogi. One day we will go back and put something special on that rock.
Norbert and Andy,were great guys ( as I am sure Jarret was too,never had the pleasure of meeting him)and were buds of mine, I would gladly burn my sled to the ground if it would bring back even one of these guys! RS

Top Bottom