Sled Ready

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someday ... Someday...

How about a lap or three or six around a mall some evening/weekend? We still have to do your birthday "shopping $ supper"... !!!

Sounds good to me lady! I went for a 20km bike ride this weekend, it was awesome!!! But a bike around a mall with some adult beverages is fun too ;) :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today is my favorite workout:

Spartan WOD for Sunday, 9.16.12

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
-********Pericles

You've seen the Spartan 300 before. But this time you should up your weekend mileage by getting in a solid run before breaking into this strength routine. Block off a good 1-****2 hours for a solid session of full body conditioning. Beginners, go for a 30 minute run and then select 5 exercises of the 15 below to perform.

Run 30 to 90 minutes, then perform the Spartan 300
30 Burpees
30 Burpee/Pullups
30 Pullups
30 Box jumps
30 Medicine Ball Squat Throws
100 Jumping Jacks
300 crunches
30 body weight squats
30 side kicks (each side)
30 jumping lunges
30 curls
30 Tricep overhead presses
30 frog jumps
30 squat jumps
3 x rope climbs

Of course, wouldn't you know it... Today is the day the guy shows up with our firewood to be packed and stacked!! Gonna be sore tomorrow :)

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today is my favorite workout:

Spartan WOD for Sunday, 9.16.12

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
-********Pericles

You've seen the Spartan 300 before. But this time you should up your weekend mileage by getting in a solid run before breaking into this strength routine. Block off a good 1-****2 hours for a solid session of full body conditioning. Beginners, go for a 30 minute run and then select 5 exercises of the 15 below to perform.

Run 30 to 90 minutes, then perform the Spartan 300
30 Burpees
30 Burpee/Pullups
30 Pullups
30 Box jumps
30 Medicine Ball Squat Throws
100 Jumping Jacks
300 crunches
30 body weight squats
30 side kicks (each side)
30 jumping lunges
30 curls
30 Tricep overhead presses
30 frog jumps
30 squat jumps
3 x rope climbs

Of course, wouldn't you know it... Today is the day the guy shows up with our firewood to be packed and stacked!! Gonna be sore tomorrow :)

Hola, is this what i need to accomplish to be able to handle sledding in the mountains?!?! :eek:

Sent while not working too hard

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the gym that i have a membership to has started a huge expansion and construction which will take the next 3 months to complete. Workout equipment is all in the hallways :s I havent been down to see just how bad it is but in preperation I bought the Jillian Micheals 30day shred video. im 4 days in, i was suprised it could actually make me stiff and get my heart rate up! But its a good thing and its a change up from my usual so i'm going to pursue it out! :) See how I feel after.. I've had insanity downloaded :eek: EEEP

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome thanks. I also really like standing on a big yoga ball and doing 3 sets of squats then if I feel balanced enough have someone kick the base of the ball gently for a min then pass me a medicine ball back n forth. Great for balance!

Thats also just what I did this week. It's something different every day

You stand on a ball and do squats?!?!?! I couldnt stand on a ball weather i was sober or drunk!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how many mountain riders take the Roy Nelson aproach. Eating Whoppers and fries and they still spend the day digging out sleds, pulling on ski's and tearing it up in general. These guys would feel so much better and recover so much more quickly with even a modest cardio regimen.
I'm not preaching here, I run so I can eat more Big Macs !

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how many mountain riders take the Roy Nelson aproach. Eating Whoppers and fries and they still spend the day digging out sleds, pulling on ski's and tearing it up in general. These guys would feel so much better and recover so much more quickly with even a modest cardio regimen.
I'm not preaching here, I run so I can eat more Big Macs !

An don't forget the 17 beers the night before lol

Sent from a phone.. From a bush

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the gym that i have a membership to has started a huge expansion and construction which will take the next 3 months to complete. Workout equipment is all in the hallways :s I havent been down to see just how bad it is but in preperation I bought the Jillian Micheals 30day shred video. im 4 days in, i was suprised it could actually make me stiff and get my heart rate up! But its a good thing and its a change up from my usual so i'm going to pursue it out! :) See how I feel after.. I've had insanity downloaded :eek: EEEP

Good for you white6! Shitty when ur gyms under reno's hey?!

You stand on a ball and do squats?!?!?! I couldnt stand on a ball weather i was sober or drunk!

Haha yes I do. It's not as hard as you think but you have to pick a spot to stare at and never look away while you are trying to find your balance.

An don't forget the 17 beers the night before lol

Sent from a phone.. From a bush

I still enjoy the beers too lol ;)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I had one heck of a bike ride. First 1/4 amazing, next 1/4 good and the last half hell. Turns out after the first quarter they were missing a trail marker that says to loop left at this open field. I ended up I am equestrian trail that was beat to $hit, logs everywhere, creek crossings...it was interesting to say the least. But one heck of a work out. 19kms and 3hrs 45mins!

19.14 km Mountain Bike on 2012-09-16 3:04 PM on 2012-09-16 | cycling Training Log Entry | MapMyRIDE

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I had one heck of a bike ride. First 1/4 amazing, next 1/4 good and the last half hell. Turns out after the first quarter they were missing a trail marker that says to loop left at this open field. I ended up I am equestrian trail that was beat to $hit, logs everywhere, creek crossings...it was interesting to say the least. But one heck of a work out. 19kms and 3hrs 45mins!

19.14 km Mountain Bike on 2012-09-16 3:04 PM on 2012-09-16 | cycling Training Log Entry | MapMyRIDE

typical woman.....can't read a map....lol

Reactions: LID

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its brutal when the gym goes under reno's. especially bc the years membership is paid until november, and its about 12$ to drop in anywhere else! Might just have to make use of the pool for some cardio and full body work, extra cardio on top of this 30day shred wouldnt be bad i dont think. And thanks, Im kinda enjoying the quick workout. 20min instead of 1-1.5hr is a big change. but with all my house work goin on as of recent its just perfect.

Come on SNOWWWW

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I completed the 30day shred :) Or should say 30 workouts (which is 30days worth). I spent 10 days in each level. It was awesome, i thoroughly enjoyed the quick workout at home. Plus the circuits were a good changeup for my system. It took me more than 30days but such is life, theres always interruptions. With cleaning up my eating & going back to calorie counting, combined with the 30day shred workouts I dropped 7lb and 9.25" overall. Thats measuring arms, thighs, bum, and 5 points on the torso. Pretty stoked, and am certainly feeling stronger and fitter. Can see im toning and getting a flatter tummy too. Definately reccommend this workout to anyone, espeically if your pinched on time but still want an effective workout. I intend to repeat the 30day shred bc it worked well and there was room for improvement in all the levels for me. Plus with circuits you can always find ways to push it harder, even if it's just upping the weights.

Braaaap seasons just around the corner so I thought id bring this back to the top! :)

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
I've been doing kickboxing classes 3 days a week, for someone who never worked out before and quit smoking in january this is one of the hardest things i've done, next to sledding in the mountains. Hoping this will be a good start to my sledding year. What is this 30 day shred video and where do you get it?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot yoga is honestly my favourite all-time workout, it does strength and muscle toning in every part of the body, but it covers the cardio and detoxifies at the same time too. Can't really think of any kind of workout that helps balance, flexibility, muscle strength, stress, cardio, all kinds of mind and body function and detox and pretty much cures all aches and pains (lower back pain, etc) all in the same activity. It does wonders for me both mentally and physically, and when I say physically I mean that from within the body not just externally, although I am blown away by how much quicker I can tone muscle with yoga as opposed to 'working out'. To me, I find that people are focused too much on the outside rather than the inside... what goes on inside your body is going to affect you far more than how much or how little muslce you have on the outside..just sayin.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot yoga is honestly my favourite all-time workout, it does strength and muscle toning in every part of the body, but it covers the cardio and detoxifies at the same time too. Can't really think of any kind of workout that helps balance, flexibility, muscle strength, stress, cardio, all kinds of mind and body function and detox and pretty much cures all aches and pains (lower back pain, etc) all in the same activity. It does wonders for me both mentally and physically, and when I say physically I mean that from within the body not just externally, although I am blown away by how much quicker I can tone muscle with yoga as opposed to 'working out'. To me, I find that people are focused too much on the outside rather than the inside... what goes on inside your body is going to affect you far more than how much or how little muslce you have on the outside..just sayin.

I call BS on that! Cures aches and pains?!?!?! You must be doing a different kind of yoga than i see pictures of. If i tried half that crap i wouldnt have to worry about the riding season cause id be laid up in the hospital!!! :eek:

Top Bottom