Sled Ready

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Week 4 into Insanity. I didn't think I would be a fan of a workout video but it is like the title says and makes you sweat like nothing else..

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retarded work out today I am effn' beat! Most of the fighters are in Russia on a big Muay Thai bout so we had a guy we don't normally have. Just myself and 3 guys.

10 min skipping, 1 min normal pace, 1 min sprint with knees up.

Lay skipping floor on ground straight.
- hop on right foot side to side the length of the rope then backwards x 10
- hop on left foot side to side the length of the rope then backwards x 10
- ski hop side to side the length of the rope then backwards. x 10
- face rope, then alternate feet on either side of the rope the length and back x 10
- jump forward and back length of the rope and back x 10
- jump lunge over the rope, knee to the ground, hand touch the length of the rope and back x 10
- push up position, rope between legs, sweep upper body to one side, push up, move up and to the alternate side and push up keeping the rope in between your legs the length of the rope then backwards x 10
- push up position, rope between legs, walk feet in, walk back out to push up position, length of rope then back x 10

Move rope into a circle.
- stand on outside of the circle, push up position, move around circle until told to switch, do a push up, then reverse direction for 1min 30 seconds
- crab walk around the circle until told to switch, drop bum to floor then reverse direction for 1 min 30 seconds

Stations:
1.) 50 left round, 50 right round, 100 jab cross (jab & cross counting as 1)
2.) focus mitt work with fighter dodging incoming attacks
3.) 100 jab cross hook cross, 100 left hook right round, 100 right hook left round
4.) can't even remember, lol

10min on stationary bike alternating between no tension sprints, and full tension stand up sprint

50 straight leg sit ups

my back hurts...lol

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's Insanity?!

A workout program-60 days with lots of pliometrics, HIT training and body weight strength conditioning. It runs in the same genre as P90x, and is very effective. Did it last year...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A workout program-60 days with lots of pliometrics, HIT training and body weight strength conditioning. It runs in the same genre as P90x, and is very effective. Did it last year...

Sounds interesting. I'm thinking of setting up some kind of a work out area in my garage. How did you like it? Did you need much for it?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I'm thinking of setting up some kind of a work out area in my garage. How did you like it? Did you need much for it?

I think the fact that it doesn't take alot of setup/gear is what I liked most. The kids have violin, guitar, swimming, voice, gymnastics, jazz, and riding lessons going on at any given time. Add in my hospital work schedule and a very needy Great Dane, (and an oilfield hubby who works hard to support our many expensive endeavors) and my workout schedule takes last place... Signing up for a gym class on a schedule is pretty much out, and driving to one more place when all I ever do is drive does not appeal to me. So I like to find really intense routines that take as little time, equipment, setup and space as possible and can be done in my house...

Insanity starts with a fitness test that you repeat throughout the 60 days to gauge progress. Basically you compete against your own personal best, so it pushes you each and every workout. It certainly is not for beginners, but you will be great with it!

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone that wants a crazy intense work out. Try this...

x 5 NO breaks except when you complete one round then you get a 3- 5 minute rest. I usually take 1:30 or so then I feel able to continue on. I have bad asthma so I always keep my inhaler close for this one. And always ensure to take a puff before I even start.

1.) Assisted Chin up x 20 (100 total)
2.) 20 push up's (100 total)
3.) 40 walking lunges (200 total)
4.) 200 skipping revolutions (1000 total)
5.) 20 hip raises (100 total)
6.) 40 mountain climbers on ball (200 total)

If you want to amp it up you just increase the amounts of the individual exercises and decrease the number of sets. You just want to ensure you get the totals I have listed beside and you can make it as intense as you want or not. I've only ever gotten to 4 sets instead of 5...I blame my asthma lol

I bet I wouldn't make it thru the 2nd round.... Ugh.... I did however, walk to my eye doctor appointment today... Perhaps somewhat a step in the right direction... Lol

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet I wouldn't make it thru the 2nd round.... Ugh.... I did however, walk to my eye doctor appointment today... Perhaps somewhat a step in the right direction... Lol

that is a step in the right direction. And now you have a bike, I bike ride every day after work and you are welcome to join. I live not far from your work!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sure sounds like a lot of work, just to get ready for sledding? Maybe you should save your money and buy a new Pro ride, then you won't need to do all that stuff to ride like a champ!!!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lmao
iv somewhat tried that. I think i'd hafta go to rowdys workout to get through the learning curve to ride one of those babies. Last time I tried it, i ended up sitting on top of the track and then scrambling as it rolled down a thankfully small hill. Or trying to downhill carve, I was always picking it back up bc it would flop over so quick I didn't have the balance point. I was beaten by the end of the day and I only tried it for about 20min.

I will attempt it again this season though! Here's hoping I have further developed my technical skills that it doesnt make a circus out of me again lol I think this time I'll take it for the day so I have no choice but to battle it out.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that it doesn't take alot of setup/gear is what I liked most. The kids have violin, guitar, swimming, voice, gymnastics, jazz, and riding lessons going on at any given time. Add in my hospital work schedule and a very needy Great Dane, (and an oilfield hubby who works hard to support our many expensive endeavors) and my workout schedule takes last place... Signing up for a gym class on a schedule is pretty much out, and driving to one more place when all I ever do is drive does not appeal to me. So I like to find really intense routines that take as little time, equipment, setup and space as possible and can be done in my house...

Insanity starts with a fitness test that you repeat throughout the 60 days to gauge progress. Basically you compete against your own personal best, so it pushes you each and every workout. It certainly is not for beginners, but you will be great with it!

Well...I ordered it today. See how it is when it comes in. I'm excited to do some working out at home actually. Now that my garage is all nice, and I have a TV and stuff in there it should be ok. Thanks for the motivation. :D

lmao
iv somewhat tried that. I think i'd hafta go to rowdys workout to get through the learning curve to ride one of those babies. Last time I tried it, i ended up sitting on top of the track and then scrambling as it rolled down a thankfully small hill. Or trying to downhill carve, I was always picking it back up bc it would flop over so quick I didn't have the balance point. I was beaten by the end of the day and I only tried it for about 20min.

I will attempt it again this season though! Here's hoping I have further developed my technical skills that it doesnt make a circus out of me again lol I think this time I'll take it for the day so I have no choice but to battle it out.

haha I have to do the same thing Heather. We should get together a day this season both on a pro and we can learn how to ride all over again!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Well...I ordered it today. See how it is when it comes in. I'm excited to do some working out at home actually. Now that my garage is all nice, and I have a TV and stuff in there it should be ok. Thanks for the motivation. :D

haha I have to do the same thing Heather. We should get together a day this season both on a pro and we can learn how to ride all over again!

Not sure if I consider myself a pro but I would maybe be able to offer up my servi.......... Ohhh you meant Polaris pro

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I consider myself a pro but I would maybe be able to offer up my servi.......... Ohhh you meant Polaris pro

haha I spat out my drink reading that. lol

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a plan to me :) we'll only put pros on the sled deck so we have no choice but to beat them:paddle:

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a step in the right direction. And now you have a bike, I bike ride every day after work and you are welcome to join. I live not far from your work!

Someday ... Someday...

How about a lap or three or six around a mall some evening/weekend? We still have to do your birthday "shopping $ supper"... !!!

Top Bottom