Sled pull rules question:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK help me out here. Is programming considered to be a fueling upgrade? If so it'll be mighty hard to prove that a truck is stock, wouldn't it?

from the AAB site.
STREET STOCK
-MUST HAVE VALID INSURANCE AND REGISTRAITION
-MUST HAVE DOT APPROVED HIGHWAY USE TIRES
-8000LB WIEGHT LIMIT
-NO HANGING WIEGHTS
-AIR KITS ALLOWED
-EXHUAST MODS ALLOWED
-NO FUELING UPGRADES PERMITED
-MUST MAINTAIN 1.5" VISIBLE SUSPENSION TRAVEL
(AIR BAGS WITH ONBOARD COMPRESSOR MUST BE DISCONECTED)
-IF VEHICLE SMOKES IT'S BUMPED A CLASS
-HITCH MUST BE MOUNTED IN FACTORY LOCATION

STREET WORK
- MUST HAVE VALID INSURANCE AND REGISTRAITION
- MUST HAVE DOT APPROVED HIGHWAY USE TIRES
- 8500LBS WEIGHT LIMIT
- 2.4" INDUCER LIMIT
- HANGING WEIGHTS ALLOWED AHEAD OF FRONT BUMPER ONLY NOT EXCEDDING 60" AHEAD OF CENTER LINE OF THE FRONT AXLE
- AIR KITS ALLOWED
- EXHAUST MODS ALLOWED
- FUELING UPGRADES ALLOWED
- AIR TO AIR INTERCOOLER ONLY
- MUST MAINTAIN 1.5" VISIBLE SUSPENSION TRAVEL
(AIR BAGS WITH ONBOARD COMPRESSOR MUST BE DISCONECTED)
-HITCH MUST BE MOUNTED IN FACTORY LOCATION

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at NADP today and he answered this. Yes it is considered an upgrade, and therefore you would have to run in Street Work.

He said if a truck smokes while pulling it will be assumed it is not stock programming, and will be unable to place in Street stock. I think that still leaves quite a bit of room to fool around and make a good tune that doesnt smoke, but how else can you really prove it?

For myself, I'll run in Street Work, and thus I'll be able to hang about 6-700# over the front. Construction for the weight rack will commence soon. I can't see myself having much chance at placing, there is a lot more that can be done with the 2.6 inducer really being the only restriction in that class.

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you considering getting into pulling? there is one coming up soon in darwell you going to be there?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly enough I don't work that night, so maybe I can make it. That video is rad BTW.

I am hoping my bro has time to fab me up a weight rack and he wont be home by then, so either I just dont worry about it, or I teach myself to weld.

Are you going? Do you pull?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be ther i think the friday to p/u the kids from their grandparents. hes got a suped up k.w that he does exhibition pulls with. i dont pull. waaaay to pricey for my allowance. i can barely sled with what i get...lol. but used to be around it alot. started with my uncle years ago. we had a stocker 4x4 then we built a 2wheel drive mod, that was sweet. then grew up and quit going. it is fun though. those nadp guys are tough to run with if thats who your trying to go against. big pockets and big power. good luck. what are you running if i see ya i'll say hi:beer:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at NADP today and he answered this. Yes it is considered an upgrade, and therefore you would have to run in Street Work.

He said if a truck smokes while pulling it will be assumed it is not stock programming, and will be unable to place in Street stock. I think that still leaves quite a bit of room to fool around and make a good tune that doesnt smoke, but how else can you really prove it?

For myself, I'll run in Street Work, and thus I'll be able to hang about 6-700# over the front. Construction for the weight rack will commence soon. I can't see myself having much chance at placing, there is a lot more that can be done with the 2.6 inducer really being the only restriction in that class.

It's very hard to bulid a tune that won't smoke at all. usually on the bottom end there will be smoke with almost any tune. It's a tough class to police. too bad people aren't honest.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to bulid a tune that won't smoke at all. usually on the bottom end there will be smoke with almost any tune. It's a tough class to police. too bad people aren't honest.

Ok, I haven't got any tuning experience. Makes sense.

I suppose thats why they allow built trannies in Stock class, cause it would be nearly impossible to police. I doubt if anyone running stock tuning would bother to shell out that much cash on a tranny.

Top Bottom