Sled parts

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just looking at doing some mods to my sled, Im looking for, Handgaurds, exhaust,can,seat, and maybe a turbo. I was looking at Powermadd handgaurds, and a mc xpress turbo, im not sure about what other brands to go with for the mods, any information would be greatly apprieciated, by the way this is for a 08' Yamaha fx nytro.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go with sportech for the guards, i know they come with aluminum mounting peices, while somee other ones just come with cheap plastic brackets and whatnot

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One way to shed some pounds fairly easily is to go wit ha holz rear susp set-up.. It uses your stock rails... Big weight savings...

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey glengine i was looking at a M10 suspension do you know any pros/cons about them or anything?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M10's work well.. They really help to keep the front end down on the yammy's... I talked to the guy that we put the holz rear skid in his nytro.. He said that now that he's got her set-up it is awesome.. It really helped to keep the front end down also.. The holz set-up is als oalot cheaper i think and lkighter.. The holz is only like 2600-3000.. Depending on application.. I'm not 100% sure of price for yammy, but they should all be about the same and i know that the doo kit is like 2700.. The M10 works good but still is a little heavy.. the back end ofthe nytro we did didnt really feel any heavier than a rev or xp to pick up the ass end..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah no prob.. I just think that unless your getting an M10 at a good deal then the holz is the best bang for your buck..

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you change out the drop bracket for the rear suspension for a lite weight one, you can save up to 9 lbs. couldn't believe it either.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you change out the drop bracket for the rear suspension for a lite weight one, you can save up to 9 lbs. couldn't believe it either.

Yah i know that we had aluminum drop bracket for the apex's and they are quite abit lighter.. The stock ones are huge steel brackets.... Also you should be able to strip every bit of foam out from under the hood.. It might not seem like much.. But when it's dry it dosn't weigh alot, but it absorbs water and it can weigh quite abit when it's absorbed a bunch of water.. I know the nytro that we did had a ton of foam on the side panels.. You can also get a tank/seat combo that accomadates a 10G fuel tank.. We have one on order for the nytro that we did..

Top Bottom