sled insurance

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new in Alberta and have no idea: do I need an insurance to get my sled registered? If yes what would be a cheapest rate in Calgary?

Of course I may add sled insurance to my car insurance but I guess that wouldn't be the best deal.
Thanks for any replay.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into TD. It's pretty reasonable.. GO online.

And YES you need insurance to register.

Hey guys, I am new in Alberta and have no idea: do I need an insurance to get my sled registered? If yes what would be a cheapest rate in Calgary?

Of course I may add sled insurance to my car insurance but I guess that wouldn't be the best deal.
Thanks for any replay.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine thru TD Meloche Monnex. They seem reasonable if not better than most however I've never made a claim. All vehicles are on the same policy (my truck, wifes jeep, sled). Plus there is a discount for having the house insurance with them.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have mine at TD Insurance. My main company does not do toys.
If you do call around, you'll find it hard to get a policy without one of your other vehicles, but at TD you can get a stand alone policy.
Prices are good, phone service was good, so hopefully their claims are good if I ever make one.
Plus you can put the basic coverage on, and then add collision when the season starts. that too will save a few bucks.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a side note, it's a good idea to ask about the fine print... I have a real problem getting a jetski policy (they don't like insuring stand ups) and they've got a clause for everything. Example, machine is insured for theft if chained to a tree or in garage... BUT if sitting on a trailer theft is void and no coverage will be offered. Same if I chain it to the box of my truck,
Not covered... Most sled policies are not like this but good to be aware that they could be.

Top Bottom