Sled decks banned?

HCRripper

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm upgrading my truck and looking to trade in my trailer and slap on a sled deck. I'm tired of pulling an additional 15ft behind a crew cab up logging roads. I'm hearing all sorts of rumours that the banning of sled decks is in the works for anything less than a 1 ton dually. Has anyone else been hearing this. Can anyone either confirm or squash this rumour? Would hate to pay 3k for something that I am not allowed to use. Thanx

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm upgrading my truck and looking to trade in my trailer and slap on a sled deck. I'm tired of pulling an additional 15ft behind a crew cab up logging roads. I'm hearing all sorts of rumours that the banning of sled decks is in the works for anything less than a 1 ton dually. Has anyone else been hearing this. Can anyone either confirm or squash this rumour? Would hate to pay 3k for something that I am not allowed to use. Thanx

Where did you hear this at thats crap i say. :rant: whats next :mad:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey Guys,

Haha...where did you hear this?? Do some research on what your truck can haul and you will answer your own question...

Are they banning truck campers, canopies, and tonneau covers too??? :)

End of the world...sky is falling...

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

as far as i'm aware, as long as the weight of the total load doesn't go over the limit posted on the drivers door you're okay.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How hard are they to load

This really depends on the deck you buy. Like old mountain man said, you can get ones with extended ramps... they extend out more then the standard 6' ..... you can also get decks that have the legs in the 4 corners of the box so that the ramp is also wider then 4' they are a bit more forgiving, so you can hit them faster and not miss the ramp. I prefer a deck over a trailer, easier to maneuver it tight spots.... but that's just me. :)

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
decks rule trailers drool. Decks get you up early and late season and you don't end up thrashin the sled. I have short box quad cab and have marathon with 10' felescopic ramps. Buddy just got Chev 1 ton long box and he has 12' ramps not much diff jist need hair more roll going up yhe 10's never been hassled haul 162'' 1nd 163'' with superclamps on the front and 2 rear ratchet straps on each sled. Been checked but never hassled. :ramsfan_small::beerchug:

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 592

summitkid600

Reaction score
i got a friend who is a D.O.T and he said as long as your truck is legal to haul the weight you are fine.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The comment may have been taken out of context.....

If the truck was designed to haul that amount of weight and you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the load and flag or light anything over the three foot limit, then all is good.

There are just way to many people driving around over their weight limit both for sled decks and RV trailers that the comment was probably pointed towards…..

Buddy of ours with a brand new 32’ toy hauler with three slides hooked up to a F250, claims with the air bags it handles fine, so I took him for a walk showed him the dry weight of the trailer, the towing capacity and the carrying capacity of his truck. He didn’t seem to care that the dry weight was only 90 lbs under the towing capacity of the truck and he had no idea of how much hitch weight the trailer exerts. But on the bright side he thinks it’s just fine……

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The comment may have been taken out of context.....

If the truck was designed to haul that amount of weight and you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the load and flag or light anything over the three foot limit, then all is good.

There are just way to many people driving around over their weight limit both for sled decks and RV trailers that the comment was probably pointed towards…..

Buddy of ours with a brand new 32’ toy hauler with three slides hooked up to a F250, claims with the air bags it handles fine, so I took him for a walk showed him the dry weight of the trailer, the towing capacity and the carrying capacity of his truck. He didn’t seem to care that the dry weight was only 90 lbs under the towing capacity of the truck and he had no idea of how much hitch weight the trailer exerts. But on the bright side he thinks it’s just fine……

Sad part is your buddy would be the first to complain about the ticket when he gets one!Not only that but there is way to many trucks pulling trailers that are overloaded in the summer too!Everybody should read the sticker on the truck door before buying a big trailer!!Easier to fix before you buy it than after when the dot's are parking you for being overweight!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Were you in Valemount this last weekend??

Top Bottom