Sled deck

dangerm1000

Reaction score
Which sled deck do you have and how's it been? Looking for one in couple months time and just wondering which has better ramps or any problems anyone has had with there's . Thanks

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a sky-hi and it's been really good. Super solidly built and very affordable new. Also have experience with a bulldog and it's great, bit more money but a few more bells and whistles too.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I have had a Cross-Trax for a few years and I think the quality is exceptional. Very solid deck.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a custom deck!

Sold the box and kept the bumper for the electronics incorporated in the dash, etc. Sides fold up for a box and down for 2 sleds. I love it but this isn't agreeable for everyone!

IMG_0573.jpg

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with toyup sled decks. They look like a good deck for the money.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had an Aluma Tech deck, a Marathon deck, and now an STF deck. The Aluma Tech cracked at the welds regularily, the Marathon was bulletproof and had a great (although heavy ) ramp, and the STF is holding up thus far, although I haven't owned it long. I would say the best quality deck out of the three is the Marathon, with STF a distant second. Just my humble opinion.

wiseguy

Reaction score
Had a marathon on my work truck a few years ago. Had that deck for 4 years and it always had something on it. Never had any issues at all with it. Also have an STF deck that is actually for sale. It is a quality deck and have never had any issues. The only reason for selling is that it is an 8ft deck. I just bought a deck from Cross Trax for my 6.5ft Sierra. It is very well made with lots of good welding and gussetted in the right spots. This deck was actually custom made for me as I will only be using it for hauling quads. The back legs are made of c-channel, so that it can fit around my tool box in the back of the box and the deck is 6" higher than normal, so that I can still access my slip tank to fill it up. Will post some pictures of the new one later.

Attachments

• Deck 1.jpg
    Deck 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 244

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an STF on my dodge and really liked it, ill definitely be getting another STF for my new truck. My bad has a marathon on his chevy and the ramps went to hell, i had to repair them a few times and also it seems to be a real bugger to slide the one side in and out. But sh*t can happen to any deck that could warp it i suppose...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE my marathon. Slide out sides, telescopic ramp so you have a nice shallow approach when loading. It has been an awesome deck.

Any idea what they are worth? Was actually thinking of selling mine. Only reason is because we want something we can put the side by side on too. My riding area is only 30 minutes away so not a big deal to just throw the sled in the back of the truck either.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a marathon deck,have had zero issues with it.slides in and out very easy,ramp angle is great.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hated my marathon. It couldn't handle the weight of two sleds or quads. The legs are a major weak part. The deck swayed enough to hit both box sides. There's wasn't any cracks when I bought it but a couple formed. Their extension flexed soo much when loading sleds it made me cringe. I would never recommend one to any of my friends.
I'm now on a CrossTrax and it's been flawless. Extremely strong and no issues with it at all. The only thing I wish I still had was the extendable ramp from the marathon. The two piece on the CrossTrax isn't bad but the extendable marathon one is gravy. Give Goodngrubby on this forum a shout. He sells CrossTrax and he's been extremely helpful to me even though I never bought one off him.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hated my marathon. It couldn't handle the weight of two sleds or quads. The legs are a major weak part. The deck swayed enough to hit both box sides. There's wasn't any cracks when I bought it but a couple formed. Their extension flexed soo much when loading sleds it made me cringe. I would never recommend one to any of my friends.
I'm now on a CrossTrax and it's been flawless. Extremely strong and no issues with it at all. The only thing I wish I still had was the extendable ramp from the marathon. The two piece on the CrossTrax isn't bad but the extendable marathon one is gravy. Give Goodngrubby on this forum a shout. He sells CrossTrax and he's been extremely helpful to me even though I never bought one off him.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your marathon/truck issue?

Top Bottom