Sled deck

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to a deck this year. I have a 06 DMAX with the 6 foot 6 box. Should I get a 7 foot or 8 foot deck. My sleds are 151 and a 154.
Thx

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 2500 with a 6.5 length box and a 8' deck.

If I could do it over again I would get a shorter deck with a removable extension so when I am not carrying the sleds I can still have good access to the box. 8' minium though total length.

As far as length goes, we find with the 7' or under decks, when you have to go higher in early winter or late spring you are bouncing around more and the sleds are not supported as much. I've seen other people have sleds slide back under the superclamps as well.

151 or longer, go with a 8'

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to a deck this year. I have a 06 DMAX with the 6 foot 6 box. Should I get a 7 foot or 8 foot deck. My sleds are 151 and a 154.
Thx

It dont matter either way you go your going to be over length and need to flag the sleds, and lights at night. 7' you could still pull a trailer with ease. 8ft would better fit your sleds. 7' will look a whole lot better than an 8ft.

Really its your choice , but mine would be a 7 ft just because you have more options IE. Extension, pulling trailer,looks,easier to get in the box.:d

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 d-max with a 6.5' box. I originally bought the 7' deck and my 153 looked rediculous hanging off the back. an extension from marathon (about 18" i think) worked well and now the 8.5' deck fits well and no flaggin is required (sleds are not far enough behind the lights). when not in use I can flip the extension over in about 5 seconds and still park in my garage.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 d-max with a 6.5' box. I originally bought the 7' deck and my 153 looked rediculous hanging off the back. an extension from marathon (about 18" i think) worked well and now the 8.5' deck fits well and no flaggin is required (sleds are not far enough behind the lights). when not in use I can flip the extension over in about 5 seconds and still park in my garage.

Any sled over 137 will be over length as far as DOT is concerned it is 4FT from your tail lights on the truck.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the onfo guys. Might want to use it to haul bike and the camper in the summer so I may want to got with the 7'.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sled over 137 will be over length as far as DOT is concerned it is 4FT from your tail lights on the truck.

Aren't we in Canada eh? Should be a metric measurement.

I keep seeing people sayin 4' from your tail lights but no one can link a page to this info or copy and paste the regs. (yes I get it 1.2 meters)

This comes up every year anyhow. At somepoint someone gets a ticket and complains about it because they weren't within the regs. But it is tough to find the regs online. Sometimes picking up a phone works, but who do you call?

And just because there are rules and regs, does every cop follow them correctly? Is it from the rear tail lights? Or is it from the center of the rear axle? Is a deck now considered an accessory of the vehicle?

There have been people who have linked the rules and regs before, it almost needs to be pinned in one of the sections.

Basically, if you think you might be bending the rules, and get caught, don't complain. If you would rather not get a ticket, then find out the law.

DTR

Reaction score
Thanks for the onfo guys. Might want to use it to haul bike and the camper in the summer so I may want to got with the 7'.

Hello,

May I suggest a deck from Cross-Trax? You can run a 85" deck with and extension. A 85" deck should come parrallel to your rear bumper so can haul a bike and hook onto your bumper pull. The extension should give you an additional 18" and the extension includes lights!
Home
I see your from Lloydminster, I sell these decks at Silverwood Toyota. In fact I have a deck in stock that will work for your truck!

Give me call or see Kyle at Silverwood Toyota Parts Department.
780-870-5145

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The full lotus are sweet. Pricey but a nice deck that comes with everything needed. He will add a light extension for overhanging sleds as well

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

May I suggest a deck from Cross-Trax? You can run a 85" deck with and extension. A 85" deck should come parrallel to your rear bumper so can haul a bike and hook onto your bumper pull. The extension should give you an additional 18" and the extension includes lights!
Home
I see your from Lloydminster, I sell these decks at Silverwood Toyota. In fact I have a deck in stock that will work for your truck!

Give me call or see Kyle at Silverwood Toyota Parts Department.
780-870-5145

I stopped and had a look today. Deck looks ok. How much for the 7' with the extention and does it come with tiedowns?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold the trailer so now seriously looking for a deck. Thankds to a fello Snow and Mudder. Still undecided. I know I can only be 7' to pull the trailer but the extra lenth would be nice with the sleds on. The decks with extentions are pricey tho. I seen where you can get a 7' new for 1500.00 cant justify paying 2700.00 just for a deck and the another 500 for the extention? It sure would be nice to have.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It dont matter either way you go your going to be over length and need to flag the sleds, and lights at night. 7' you could still pull a trailer with ease. 8ft would better fit your sleds. 7' will look a whole lot better than an 8ft.

Really its your choice , but mine would be a 7 ft just because you have more options IE. Extension, pulling trailer,looks,easier to get in the box.:d

and from first hand I can tell you that an 8 ft deck with a 174 track is over the allowable overhang.....its And im looking at the ticket as i type...NO LAMP FLAG REAR PROJECTION $109.00 ticket......THANK YOU B.C FOR THE WECLOME MAT.....

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think i will wait and see what kind of deals there is at the sled show. Maybe can get them to shave a bit off the price there. That extention sure would be nice.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see you finding a Crosstrax cheaper than that, at the show or otherwise. There is the odd used one floating around, but they get scooped up fast. You might find one that's a few years old, or needing some work, but for a new deck, $2600 is pretty cheap.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see you finding a Crosstrax cheaper than that, at the show or otherwise. There is the odd used one floating around, but they get scooped up fast. You might find one that's a few years old, or needing some work, but for a new deck, $2600 is pretty cheap.

great price. My dad and i bought our first deck this year, Got the last Classic deck left at Marathon 7ft ended up getting it for a good price 3100 plus tax, C/w 2 super clamps, 10Ft ramp with SuperGlides

We bought Super glides for the top and got it Installed for a total of

$3750 hope its good.

Top Bottom