Sled deck

rider1

Reaction score
Looking at replacing the plywood on my sled deck. Anyone have any suggestions on what to use that would last longer then plywood?

Steve Slade

Reaction score
I got my wood replaced off my marlon deck at M line with infinity board. It was the best decision ever looks so good and will outlast me.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with Steve. They built mine with that stuff and it's great. Now they have full sheets so there is no split in the middle....not sure what it's worth tho

Steve Slade

Reaction score
I paid 1250 for the infinity board with five deck hooks. I paid 3200 for the marlon deck two years earlier and the wood had completely rotted. I could have just bought an M line deck for total price it cost me to fix the marlon. Not sure what mark charges per sheet for the infinity board if you want to do the install yourself but it sure is great stuff. Next deck will defiantly be an m line

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used sled deck, wood was completely crap and ready to fall through. but it was cheap 1/2" plywood. I bought 2 sheets of 5/8" fir plywood, painted on the treating myself, and on the last coat I added some grip sand for foot traction. Plywood, wood treat, deck screws, $150- and a half a day away from my screaming kids. why be so fancy.

The biggest killer to the plywood is 365 days a year being exposed to all elements. cover it or don't allow water to sit on it

mbmb

Reaction score
I got a all aluminum deck from Marathon in Edmonton, in my opinion they are the best. $1 at the car wash once a year and it looks brand new.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used sled deck, wood was completely crap and ready to fall through. but it was cheap 1/2" plywood. I bought 2 sheets of 5/8" fir plywood, painted on the treating myself, and on the last coat I added some grip sand for foot traction. Plywood, wood treat, deck screws, $150- and a half a day away from my screaming kids. why be so fancy.

The biggest killer to the plywood is 365 days a year being exposed to all elements. cover it or don't allow water to sit on it

I did he same thing but with marine grade 5/8 plywood. $220 for two sheets. Two cans of wood preservative. Then the epoxy paint and sand for grip. $300ish total.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the plastic composite decking on mine that Crosstrax was using. 2 seasons and barely a scratch on it. Really tough and hasn't faded. Crazy slippery though - Have to be careful. Next time I'd put a bunch of 1/8" deep kerf cuts in it before installing. Adding superglides will fix the issue also.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the x decking or similar . It's like 100.00 per sheet .
Plastic is not rigid enough . Unless your deck is designed for plastic decking you will have issues

Top Bottom