Sled deck ramp extension??

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience extending ramps for a sled deck? I got a 7ft ramp but need around a 10 and have a few ideas but nothing solid.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on how your deck is built.
I built a tee-bar for my receiver hitch instead of extending the deck - was a quick fix, but not the best solution.

rgashkei

Reaction score
I just found some aluminium square tubing that would slide inside the tubing on my ramp. Then pretty much just made a small 3 ft extension that looked the same as the ramp. Notched out the cross pieces and bolted them on, used some 3/8 plywood for slides. I pull out my ramp most of the way, slide in the extension, pull the whole thing out and put up the ramp. Works way better than the 7', only went up it once at 7' then built this. Thought I was going to land on the hood.

Reaction score
lol, i didnt even attempt it on the 7 especially after watching a guy lad on his cab. Hows it feel at 10ft? i just loaded with a 12 and it was dreamy

I just found some aluminium square tubing that would slide inside the tubing on my ramp. Then pretty much just made a small 3 ft extension that looked the same as the ramp. Notched out the cross pieces and bolted them on, used some 3/8 plywood for slides. I pull out my ramp most of the way, slide in the extension, pull the whole thing out and put up the ramp. Works way better than the 7', only went up it once at 7' then built this. Thought I was going to land on the hood.

Top Bottom