Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully something has changed because Im thinking of getting a half ton and would like to put a sled deck on it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gotta imagine the aluminum F150 can put the 700lb weight savings into a payload capacity, making it suitable for deck and two sleds. Anyone done the research on this?

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
New supercrew F150 with the eco boost has a payload of 2650lbs compare that too a new GMC 2500HD crew cab 6.0 V8 payload of 2493lbs with the duramax payload increase to 3020lbs. No reason why you couldn't run a deck on a new F150. I know my next truck will probably be an F150 with a deck instead of a 2500. 80% of the time I got nothing on the deck and these new half tons are way smoother. I personally would not run a deck tho on any of the other 1/2 tons on the market.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't care what u f150 sled deck tards think by the Friggin payload b.s numbers

A half ton has a semi floating rear end with a axle that rides on a bearing in the tube so it has weight and load on it

A 3/4 ton and up has a full floating rear end and has two bearings and cups on a big axle nose to ride on, and the drive axle bolts to the hub and has no weight on it just load , same as a big rig ect

Ur going to tell me that's good enough for that weight, if so u guys are off ur rockers

Mabe a deck and one sled, but not two and gear ect

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't care what u f150 sled deck tards think by the Friggin payload b.s numbers

A half ton has a semi floating rear end with a axle that rides on a bearing in the tube so it has weight and load on it

A 3/4 ton and up has a full floating rear end and has two bearings and cups on a big axle nose to ride on, and the drive axle bolts to the hub and has no weight on it just load , same as a big rig ect

Ur going to tell me that's good enough for that weight, if so u guys are off ur rockers

Mabe a deck and one sled, but not two and gear ect

It doesn't matter how it's built to %99.9 of the population. All that matters is what the specs say on paper.

If the specs say a F150 in a certain configuration can handle the payload and taking that across a scale can prove they do not exceed the trucks posted numbers then people are going to do it and I don't blame them.

The new super duty will also come in the aluminum body and its payload will blow GM and Dodge out of the water. Ford has stepped up their game on the light trucks and heavy trucks. For me driving an eco boost every day at work, no way I would be making it my personal sled hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awkwardmoose

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Was at Custom Truck Parts and eavesdropped on a deal going down with a 2015 Toyota Tacoma guy wanting a Marathon.

…seemed his biggest concern was how to extend his mirrors for when the deck wings were fully extended.

Their coffee pot was empty so I didn’t stick around long enough to see how it ended.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^so there you have it. The new f-150 has more payload than a 3/4 ton but there is no way it can haul 2 sleds. It won't be Tex approved. :)
And if I recall ur one of the half ton tards that haul 2 sleds

When a axle tub bends, axle c clip let's axle fall out , or u can't keep axle seals in it

I told ya so...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of newer Chevy 2500's have semi floating rear axle's. Its pretty beefy, should hual 2 sleds just fine. Full floating is a stronger design though.

2005 Chevy 2500 14 bolt semi floating rear axle-

esubytyn.jpg

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if I recall ur one of the half ton tards that haul 2 sleds

When a axle tub bends, axle c clip let's axle fall out , or u can't keep axle seals in it

I told ya so...

Who you calling a tard dumbass !! I don't even own a sled or a deck. I don't give a rats a$$ what diff it has. 2600 lb payload is 2600 lb payload. You really think Ford is going to publish numbers like that erroneously? Oh wait, I forgot you went to Concordia university to obtain your PHD in mechanical engineering right.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who you calling a tard dumbass !! I don't even own a sled or a deck. I don't give a rats a$$ what diff it has. 2600 lb payload is 2600 lb payload. You really think Ford is going to publish numbers like that erroneously? Oh wait, I forgot you went to Concordia university to obtain your PHD in mechanical engineering right.
I was calling u a tard, was going to take it back, but I see u know all so not so much now

Yes and yes

Obviously u know nothing, and if u don't own a sled or a deck, then what the fawk are u posting for

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you just showed what an education can do for a person lol

You twist wrenches for a living and that makes you an expert on all matters pertaining to payloads , right Tex ?
Show us your mechanical engineers credentials, then you might have some credibility. Otherwise it's just your opinion, and if you read the thread I offered no opinion. I was merely joking around.
Opinions are like hemorrhoids sooner or later every a$$hole will have one.
Next time you want to call me a tard , say it to my face ,not from behind your keyboard.
Have a nice day !!

Top Bottom