Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best aluminum sled deck with 2 sleds is the unit with rear bumper dragging and head lamps pointing to the sky.

This is living life in the fast lane, Windows rolled down, hair blowing in the Wind, snow suit zipped up, and soon a bag of "legal" grass in every azz hats front pocket. Us azz hats live for freedom ya-noo. Ha.

Might get stopped by the coppers since our little 1/2 is all over the road, but nothing coming of it since we explain to him that we're running on a low pressure rear tire for 600 kms looking for a gas station with free air.

Of course he's going to call BS on this since there is no such thing as free air,,, hey,,, at least this azz hat tried.

Ok ok, you got me then officer, the real reason my "gay" 1/2 ton,,, whoops,,, ELBGQ I mean is over weigth might have something to do with stuff that's under the aluminum deck then the 2 stolden sled on top of it. See officer,,, my sick grand mother in Saskatchewan is on her death bed and she really wants to see me one last time,,, so the plan was to sell these sleds on the mountain, then buy the BIGGEST bag of azz hat weed before going to visit Granny 1 last time.

This is the part where we take off our dark glasses and wipe a fake tear off our face.
Kinda like the sob story as most cops have a soft spot.
Us over weigth azz hat 1/2 ton sled dudes learned this long ago.

Any Who... What ever plan we come up with will work. Jump the gates and pin it in the early morning hours. Don't slow down for crap, and Grin from ear to ear.

If us azz hat folks follow the directions and rules, then what fun is that living on the wild side.
Pretty hard being a bad azz if we don't challange the system "all" the time.

Yha I know,,, what about the common folk, what would they think about us hat azz backwards clowns running around with no code of human then.

Simple.

Us Azz Hat dudes could care less about the system because the supreme bean told us we are kool dudes in his books.

I think it is written between the old pages of the first caveman and when JT got elected. LOL

Life is grand in potato land,,, this is where our 1/2 tons with aluminum deck packing 2 sleds shine.

It's all about the image that forces us to do the best we can't achieve in life.

Simple life for simple dudes.

Lem Lamb the rock head.

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a0566497873c292753fbf2f6e4df1614.jpg

Just came across this thread.
4 wheel drive was a luxury. Would have loved a mighty F-150 back in the day Lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the toe in on the rear wheel.
Is that from flex in the rear axle or just the way the picture was taken?

I have an 87' ford still on the road with an inline 6, pretty sure a couple sleds and a deck would lift the front end off the ground.

I say picture.
There would be so much pressure on rear end them poor Chevy spiders would crack and the axles would stay bent!

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a great picture. Haven’t seen too many pics of Decks back in the early 70’s. Lots pulled a trailer with a Station wagon
And yes Fernie those Cats worked real well I actually recently had a buddy bring up a modded 72 Cheetah 440 from Nelson BC. Back in the day They put a Panther skid into it and dropped the suspension.
74c337bfd1076bbc2ed3c4b70431ca58.jpg

I also have an all original 72 Panther love the sound of those old Cats !!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad used to tow them with a station wagon rode the kannaskis glacier and numti ja (spelling) lodge back in the early 70's was a awesome childhood moved to bc around 1975 and have never been back to alberta

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a great picture. Haven’t seen too many pics of Decks back in the early 70’s. Lots pulled a trailer with a Station wagon
And yes Fernie those Cats worked real well I actually recently had a buddy bring up a modded 72 Cheetah 440 from Nelson BC. Back in the day They put a Panther skid into it and dropped the suspension.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180101/74c337bfd1076bbc2ed3c4b70431ca58.jpg
I also have an all original 72 Panther love the sound of those old Cats !!

I still have that sled use it daily around the property with the kids in the winter love it!!

Top Bottom