Sled deck mounting

tpollon2

Reaction score
Quick Dogs are the only way to go. you can see what I'm talking about on

CLICK on the plus signs

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 dodge 3500, just reading through the manual ( i know, weird ) and i came across this for the tie downs. Just some interesting info on the tie downs in the box. I never had seen a rating on them before. These are a little different as the standard ones but i would imagine the ratings are simular.

The maximum load per cleat should

not exceed 250 lbs (113 kg) and the

angle of the load on each cleat

should not exceed 60 degrees above

horizontal, or damage to the cleat or

cleat rail may occur.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Talked to some old timers that figured gravity was enough of a load securement device. They hauled sleds to Bc for years without even having the deck tied down at all.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to some old timers that figured gravity was enough of a load securement device. They hauled sleds to Bc for years without even having the deck tied down at all.
Maybe the old solid steel decks. But not the Aluminum ones. And if you lay your truck on it's side in the ditch, that deck is coming out!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the old solid steel decks. But not the Aluminum ones. And if you lay your truck on it's side in the ditch, that deck is coming out!

If the truck is on its side it just wont matter how well the deck is secured. I also carry a class one and have hauled a few loads in my time. Four points tied down on a D8 Cat will not hold it on the trailer if its on its side either. :twocents:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I worked with rolled his Dodge over two times on a lease road. He had a big green work tool box strapped down to his Crosstrax and the deck tied in with turnbuckles. It was bent a little and he wrote off the truck but it all stayed together.
You sir need better load securement on your D8.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a build ot yourself sled deck kit? Heard they existed. Just wondering if anyone knows of they really do or has blueprints to cir and build my own. Little easier than borrowing a buddies and measuring for a few hrs haha

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 turnbuckles and two carriage bolts to slow down the thieves stealing it.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I worked with rolled his Dodge over two times on a lease road. He had a big green work tool box strapped down to his Crosstrax and the deck tied in with turnbuckles. It was bent a little and he wrote off the truck but it all stayed together.
You sir need better load securement on your D8.

I didnt say I lost a D8. I only said four points wont hold a D8

Top Bottom