Sled deck modifications

trindian

Reaction score
Hey guys just wonderin what modifications u guys have done to your sled decks as far as if anyone has a crosstrax if they've figured out a way to quiet down the ramps rattling while driving? Or how to keep snow out of the box ? Or any good storage ideas?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wonderin what modifications u guys have done to your sled decks as far as if anyone has a crosstrax if they've figured out a way to quiet down the ramps rattling while driving? Or how to keep snow out of the box ? Or any good storage ideas?

Tie the two ramp sets together at the back with a bungee cord, that will quite them down. The snow usually swirls in at the back, not the sides, so we have seen guys cut a 6" or 8" peice of rubber belting the same width as the truck box, and rivet it to the bottom side of the bobtail. Just let the tail hang inside the tailgate. Rubbermaid toter boxes with snap lids work good for storage. They re quite inexpensive, and it keeps eveything neat and tidy, and dry.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the rubbermaid tubs. Easy to carry your gear from the basement to the truck to the hotel and back.

I also heard that if you leave your tailgate open and lose a tub on an overpass at Airport rd. and Deerfoot that the tub will slide over to the edge of the lane and keep about $1k worth of your gear there for about a half hour while you drive around looking for it. :beer:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are using tubs of somesort under the deck for storage, take a long steel rod, bend a hook in the end, and use it as a retreival tool so you don't have to crawl onto the tailgate at all to grab stuff.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the rubbermaid tubs. Easy to carry your gear from the basement to the truck to the hotel and back.

I also heard that if you leave your tailgate open and lose a tub on an overpass at Airport rd. and Deerfoot that the tub will slide over to the edge of the lane and keep about $1k worth of your gear there for about a half hour while you drive around looking for it. :beer:

haha, I take it that's not just a hypothetical situation?

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow you musta been folowing me been there done that thought i closed tailgate or i did and it did not latch right lost some gear but found it later that was in gp though lol it does happen

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also strap the ramps in the deck i have found lotsa ramps out on forestry roads while cruising around hunting had to see if they were mine but nope not mine found some and left them with local sled shops for guys looking for them

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also strap the ramps in the deck i have found lotsa ramps out on forestry roads while cruising around hunting had to see if they were mine but nope not mine found some and left them with local sled shops for guys looking for them

How do the ramps fall out with the tailgate up? Some mods I did were 3/4'' marker lights installed and the great big stock lights removed. Also have a 1500lb winch mounted on headache rack to pull up all the dead doos and poos

lifesagarden

Reaction score
Sheet of plywood cut down with a 2 x 2 screwed on the ends will keep you from having to crawl under the deck all the time. I've also made the rear "foot" print of the deck bigger and thicker where it sits in the truck bed as this last weekend it crumpled one of the bed ridges coming off the ice (drifts where a lil hard and my sled bounced up an couple inches). Cut 2" off the front legs and 2.25" off the rear legs (Cross-traxx). This sat the sled deck nicely above for the guys who are concrened about the snow and shiite (keeps the kreepers from looking as well).

Last edited:
Top Bottom