Sled deck mileage?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so true right now, especially with fuel prices, but ultimately I find its HOW people drive more than WHAT they drive. Drive it like you stole it in a diesel (and so many guys do) and you'll get worse mileage than a reasonable driver in a 1/2 ton.
you and your wisdom. cut it out with that sh!t. everyone knows pumping black smoke out the pipe is ten times more important than fuel mileage.

Korey

Reaction score
I got a new truck boss deck this year it gets amazing mileage filled it up when it was installed and that thing hasn't burn a drop yet beginning to worry got about 10000 k on it now...??

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 6l gas guzzler chevy, a sled deck loaded is in between a camper on and it empty for fuel economy, just the sled deck is no difference. However i doubt i could get an enclosed trailer into a lot of places. They are just to heavy to do a 360 hand balm turn.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super clamps tend to cause poor fuel economy on decks.
Man tell me about it. I have the old metal ones, those things weigh a ton. Probably cost me 2 mpg.

I don't really pay attention to the mileage. I just wish it was better but that's the price we pay.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a kick out of these threads, we all spend way too much money on sleds and gear, hotel rooms, booze all to do what we love, ride the steep and deep! So what I don't understand is the guys that complain about flue mileage, if you have a truck and you load her down your going to pay for fuel, fact of life. If you really care about your money then your in the wrong sport.

Ok there bigshot. All the guy was asking was how big of difference in mileage to expect. Im sure your extremely wealthy and money is never an object......for some of us average folks it is.

For the OP, I found that my mileage didnt change a whole bunch with a deck on at all. With a 4 place enclosed my mileage drops almost in half. Its going to depend on the vehicle you are using though. Ive always driven dodge diesels.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok there bigshot. All the guy was asking was how big of difference in mileage to expect. Im sure your extremely wealthy and money is never an object......for some of us average folks it is.

For the OP, I found that my mileage didnt change a whole bunch with a deck on at all. With a 4 place enclosed my mileage drops almost in half. Its going to depend on the vehicle you are using though. Ive always driven dodge diesels.

now whos the bigshot :D

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha ha ha big shot! You nailed it.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decks do not belong on half tones.
Really?? Cause my 2014 Tundra with a 7" lift 35" tires and full set of airbags hauling 2 - 163" skidoos seems to haul them just as good as any diesel I have used. It's all how you drive them. I get 23L/100km without a deck and 26L/100km with two sleds. Last I checked gas was 89 cents and diesel was 116.9. That's good enough for me to drive a gas and not waste the extra $10 000 on a diesel. Just my 2 - cents

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was considering getting a sled deck for mountain trips. What kind of mileage drop can I expect? Aluminum with two 162 sleds and accompanying gas and gear.

Depends on how I drive. Usually in the winter empty with a deck on my dmax I'm 11-13L/100km, with 2 sleds on deck with box loaded with tools/fuel it goes to 15-17L/100km. The main reason I run a deck is mostly for more traction on the rear tires.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.......yeah im rollin like a pimp in my 98. Perfect for what I need around here though. And gets great mileage. :)

Ive become that BC stereotype that I used to laugh at. Where the sled in the back is worth more than the truck.

LOL me too.

Really?? Cause my 2014 Tundra with a 7" lift 35" tires and full set of airbags hauling 2 - 163" skidoos seems to haul them just as good as any diesel I have used. It's all how you drive them. I get 23L/100km without a deck and 26L/100km with two sleds. Last I checked gas was 89 cents and diesel was 116.9. That's good enough for me to drive a gas and not waste the extra $10 000 on a diesel. Just my 2 - cents

For God's sake, think of the children!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For God's sake, think of the children![/QUOTE] Oh now we are going to say that its so much more unsafe for a half ton now? Tires are studded and the breaks on my tundra are the same size as a ford f250 so I have nothing to worry about.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never had to put any fuel into my sled deck and its got thousands of KM's on it. I would say it gets excellent fuel mileage.

Top Bottom