Sled deck for Toyota Tundra

Danocat

Reaction score
Has anyone put a deck on a Toyota tundra 2008? just wondering if it handled 2 sleds well or not. Or did you have to do any mods to the truck to make it work better?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a deck on a Toyota tundra 2008? just wondering if it handled 2 sleds well or not. Or did you have to do any mods to the truck to make it work better?

I sold a 96" aluminum deck to Brett Joyce (owner of Drayton Valley Toyota) in the fall. He runs a turbo Nytro and a new Summit, he says it works awesome. I am not sure if he is over or not, but he says the Tundra handles it great.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Average payload I've seen for a Tundra will not accept the full weight of 2 sleds and the deck - average payload for a Tundra seems to be around 1500-1600 lbs. You will be at least at 1800lbs with the deck, two sleds and gear.

Anyone trying to put a deck on a 1.2 ton should read this thread.
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f401/increasing-hauling-weight-19872.html

I think your math is bang on. No matter how you look at it, you are going to be over, or at least really close to it. And that's not allowing anything for snow and mud buildup. Because the box is supershort, and the rear axle is quite close to the cab, there is a lot of overhang past the rear axle, overloading the rear axle. Probably not the best idea.

Top Bottom